Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing console panels

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
Its not too hard. Just follow the diagram above. What that doesn't mention is you need to pry out another trim piece before you can get access to the leather.

Glad I did it.

yeh, was thinking about getting the silver satin trim on the shifter anyway so when ever i get one of them i'll do it all in one hit, but for now its not annoying me much. I think super glue will do the job as said above if the clips are broken.

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
yeh, was thinking about getting the silver satin trim on the shifter anyway so when ever i get one of them i'll do it all in one hit, but for now its not annoying me much. I think super glue will do the job as said above if the clips are broken.

Yeah the clips were broken, loctite = problem solvered

Cod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Sounds like a common weak point on these, btw the boot cover isn't real leather :p Getting to it is easy, I looked at ASR's audio section on the forums here and found a link to a guide for doing the interior lighting mod, had a couple pics showing how to remove the center console. There's also a scan from the holden workshop manual floating around here.
It's just clips and one screw, btw the shift knob just pulls off EASILY once you undo the torq screw behind it. I read a misinformative post on here saying you have to pull REALLY hard to get it off, DO NOT DO THAT, remove the screw and it pulls off easily.