Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing entire doors VT/VX

vsdreamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Hi guys,

thinking of buying another complete car as i want a fair few miscellaneous bits and was wondering how hard it would be to change doors over. My VT drivers door leaks at the bottom weld and has some rust so i need to do that one soon regardless but yeah has anyone done this before? How hard is it? What tools would i need?

Also if there is a thread on this already could someone link me to but if not a really detailed possibly with pics how to would be awesome but if not can someone give me a step by step sorta thing?

Sorry really amateur at this but would really appreciate some help guys.

Cheers, Tom

lynx2093

Reaction score
Members Ride
None.
i used this tool - Door Hinge PIN Remover Extractor Tool VN VP VR VS VT VY | eBay

Pin goes into the door pin then you put the cut out over it and hammer away to drop the pins out

think top pin goes down and bottom goes up, or the other way around pretty easy

I got the tool from spring auto for about $30ish

How good the engine in the vt? would it even be worth buying a whole car maybe save $$ and get a newer model

vsdreamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Nah its a VT Berlina and its on gas with a strong engine so im pretty keen on keeping it. It costs the same to run as my old 4 cyl Lancer.

Thanks for your help mate!

MRVX2U

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Multi grips and a hammer. Grip the pin and bash the grips it's how we have always done it.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Stick a jack under the door when you take the pins out to support it. There is a fair bit of weight in them .

lynx2093

Reaction score
Members Ride
None.
Stick a jack under the door when you take the pins out to support it. There is a fair bit of weight in them .

++
Two person job for sure lol
i had to have my brother help me put a new door on, pretty tricky lol