Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

removing front and rear seats.help.

john_mete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore Executive
hey guys,

i couldnt find help on this anywhere??????

orite i just want to take the front seats out and the rear seats out coz i wanna clean them properly.

just need instuctions on what to do so i dont damage anything.

and are they harder to put back in than to take out??

thanks guys.

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
front seats each have four allen key bolts going into the floor, undo them and the seats come out, it helps to adjust the seats all the way forward, undo the back two bolts then adjust the seat all the way back and undo the front two bolts then remove.
backseats, lower seat first you need to push the front of the lower seat in the centre of the foot wells until the seat pops (sometimes you need to push real hard, I use my knees against the front of the lower seat) then the backrest, on each side where the seat belts bolt to the car there is a metal tab that bends over the seat frame you need to bend that up then pull the bottom of the seat forward then up until it slides off the hooks manouvre it out and your done.

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
Thats a strage way of removing the bottom rear seat. I just put both hands behind the seat in the centre and pull towards and lift up and it pops out.

john_mete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore Executive
rofl thanks guys just ended up yanking them out with my dad gently if that makes sense??

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Thats a strage way of removing the bottom rear seat.
It's the way the manual describes to remove the seat.

I had a problem with the front seats in mine, make sure you ensure that the threads are clean, otherwise they can bind up coming up through the body, causing no end of problems.

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
Thats a strage way of removing the bottom rear seat. I just put both hands behind the seat in the centre and pull towards and lift up and it pops out.

this method damages the seat frame and mounting brackets and causes the gap between the lower seat and backrest to widen and the lower seat doesn't sit flat and flush also seat belt buckles fall down all the time.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN

thats the way i do it no probs

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
aren't vt's different? two lugs straight down. grab the front pull up?

ive got a vl and a vt the vlsgot a blown head gasket at the moment but your right about the vt seats