Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing seatbelt & got airbag light coming on

ss--ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7 A4
Hi, Appreciate if anyone can help with these 2 problems I have with my VX SS.

1. Rear passenger side seatbelt is not retracting.. How do I replace it.. I have taken out rear seat but not sure on the pillar plastic trim ?

2. Airbag light & warning sound comes on in the morning when car is cold or wet.. later in day when I start it's ok..

D-Man

All over it...
Reaction score
Website
www.nextdigital.com
Members Ride
99 VT Calais II v6
Hi, Appreciate if anyone can help with these 2 problems I have with my VX SS.

2. Airbag light & warning sound comes on in the morning when car is cold or wet.. later in day when I start it's ok..

the warning could be something else.

the airbag light suggests something wrong with the airbag. however as you have been playing with the seatbelts it's more likely to be the seatbelt pretensioners.

sounds exactly like what i had mate i got a mate to use a Tech 2 on it and he reset the fault - hasnt come back since.

ss--ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7 A4
thanks for the reply , however airbag light been coming on intermittently for nearly a year so don't think it's related to me mucking around with the rear seat belt retractor..
Damn I can't workout for the life of me how the rear seatbelt comes out through the pillar plastic trim

VRSen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX s
1st Q did you disconnect the battery when you played with the air bag system?

2nd Not sure if there is pretensioners in the rear will have to rip one out at work.

P.s when i have done so i will do a write up to show how to.

My suggestion is take it to good auto

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
Rear seat belts dont have pre-tensioners only the front drivers and pass seats do..

To get the seat belt out through the side plastic trim you have to undo it from the bottom on the floor and then slide the buckle through the slot in the plastic trim at a bit of a angle takes a bit of nack to do it but it will go through.. Then slide the bottom mount through after first removing the bolt..