Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing the black commodore stripe?

TheTeng

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
What is the best way to remove the black commodore stripe? I have a White VS, what are you opinions on it?

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
well I left mine out in the sun for a few hours and that softened the sikaflex enough to rip the strips off. some others I've spoken to use a heat gun for the same effect.
to get the sikaflex off use a caramel wheel

Jon Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series 2
Then you caa use a caramel wheel which attaches to a drill to remove any of the sikaflex, followed by a good cut and polish hopefully it wont have many marks if any left.

Last edited:

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
I found that the strips can be removed by gently pulling them away and cutting the adhesive with a razor blade. The adhesive is not resistant to alcohols so methylated spirits will soften it and make removal easier, especiallly the residual left after the moulds are removed. A sharpened piece of wood (it's soft so it won't mark the paint) used as a scraper helps. Rolling (if that makes sense) the adhesive is easier than just scraping too.

pr0n

It's A Me ' MARIO '
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY II S V6
1991_vn2nv mentioned to me to boil a kettle a pour the hot water over it, i have yet to remove it.