Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing tire flaps ?

Vees

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Storm Ute
I think I would need the tire removed right? I went Bunnings and bought the smallest screwdriver but it was still in the way. I was thinking about just ripping it off. Or would I need to get a screwdriver tip and make my own miniature screwdriver lol. I feel like there is another way and I'm just dancing around it, please help.

Pictures:
***Large pictures incoming***

iWzTXha.jpg

GnZ1eyp.jpg

iaydemir

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Berlina
Really?
Turn the steering wheel to gain access to the screws for the front flaps and remove the rear wheels to gain access to the rear flap screws....
Removing the wheels would have probably been less time consuming then going to bunnings and hunting for a mini screwdriver.
Don't try and rip it off.

Vees

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Storm Ute
It's only for the rear wheels. And I found the mini screwdriver pretty quickly :p

But okay, so I definitely need to remove the back wheel. Thanks,

iaydemir

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Berlina
If its the plastic screws/clips you might be able to pry/break them off with a flat screwdriver.
You can search for a right angle screw driver set but its really not worth the hassle, just remove the wheels.

2.jpg1.jpg

Vees

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Storm Ute
Alright cool, thanks for the suggestion. I was also looking at socket ratchet, that might just do the trick but I might just save any hassles and remove the wheel and do it that way.