Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing VE Cluster

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Hilo,

Does anyone know how to remove the cluster out of a Series 1 VE Omega, somehow some gunk that looks like a moisture mark has got behind the plastic cover for it, guessing someone doesn't know how to clean it lol.

Any help before I go randomly removing panels would be great :)

Cheers,
Mike.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
That would be amorall witch makes the cluster stain.. Buy a new plactic facia from holden.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
That would be amorall witch makes the cluster stain.. Buy a new plactic facia from holden.

I want to have a go at cleaning it first mate, it's hard to explain, but to be honest it looks like rain drops on the inside, it's definitely not on the outside.

Hektic

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV Ignition Orange
theres 4-6 screws in total to the the cluster out the dash, theres two on the top youll need a stubie phillps head , then you need to remove the plastic strip between the cluster and the botom half of the dash this simply unclips, you then have access to 2-4 screws there ,you may have to pull the bottom dash where your Head light swcih is attached the whole unit unclips once you remove those screws from the botom of the cluster the cluster simply comes out, you will be faced with 1 clip to the back of it, remove that and the cluster is now out of your car.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Oh ok, so it's not like the VT where the whole damn dash has to come off, that sounds much easier. I'll have a look tonight, hopefully I can get it all sorted - cheers mate.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Cheers guys, doesn't look any harder than the VT really, will tackle it tonight or tomorrow :)

Shamous69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09
Hopefully it's only moisture, but if it is anything like mine, I couldn't find anything to remove it and it's permanently stained (armour all from the dealer's detailer). Good luck tho

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Hey guys,

God knows what it was, my bet is on Armor All or similar. As it turns out it was on the front of the plastic, noticed it in the sun when I was about to remove it lol. Solution was methylated spirits and elbow grease. Came up pretty well :) Can't stress enough, that elbow grease is the key, needed to go over the same place a bit. Probs took 10-15mins to clean it off.