Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

removing vk front seats

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
easy, I did mine the other week. I say easy, cus the VL ones are painful!!!!!

13mm Socket & rachet is your friend, they are held in with locktite also, so you might need some muscles.

I found that a screwdriver also comes in handy as seat rails tend to have some **** in them from sitting around, & the seat will need to go all the way forwards for rear 2 bolts, & all the way back for front 2 bolts.

I had to unjam both seat rails on both seats to get them to go all the way in either direction (damn me being a shortass!)

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Sometimes they use a hex head bolt.

Instead of putting second hand VK seats in, why not put VN ones in? We got given a pair of VN seats about 3 weeks ago and Brad put them in the other day. Just had to switch the rails over, and also the driver side I had to do a bit of welding and customising....other then that it was ok. And they're heaps better. I didn't think they would be much different to start with but everytime I get in it feels wicked!

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Sometimes they use a hex head bolt.

Instead of putting second hand VK seats in, why not put VN ones in? We got given a pair of VN seats about 3 weeks ago and Brad put them in the other day. Just had to switch the rails over, and also the driver side I had to do a bit of welding and customising....other then that it was ok. And they're heaps better. I didn't think they would be much different to start with but everytime I get in it feels wicked!

I found that was the case with the VL's but not VK's?. in both the VK Calais I pulled the seats out of last week, didnt have them, makes things alot easier.... the other heads have a tendancy to round off due to the force needed to crack the locktite.

Instead of regular VK Seats.... go the Calais ones..... they still beat VN seats ;)

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
seats

went to u-pull-it 2day got the seats but only the back 1's cause i didnt have enough $$ for the 2 fronts as they cost $44 each so i'll mite get them wednesday heres a pic of the bk 1's i got , i also got the door trims aswell, im slowly changin the interior colour as it is green n changin it to blue.

Attachments

• leather interior.JPG
    leather interior.JPG
    348.9 KB · Views: 1,614

big mike

Reaction score
Members Ride
vc sle vc sl wagon
3/8 drive ratchet or 1/4 braker bar 13mm 6 sided socket to crack them lose then a 13mm rachet spanner should do it dont crack them with a rachet spanner there good but they will brake

in my old vk the seats where stuffed so i went to upullit and got vh sl seats dark blue fronts with the green backs and dark blue sun visors cause the car had the green interior it looked gr8 then green vk calais door trims

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
dijim8 - did you happen to know if there was many cerulean SL interiors there? I dont suppose you need/grabbed the front door arm rests?

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
i dnt knw bout that i didnt reli look around wen i went ther last week i saw the car with the seats i wanted then went ther the other day n just got them n walked out but i shud b goin ther wednesday so i can chek for ya

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
went to u-pull-it 2day got the seats but only the back 1's cause i didnt have enough $$ for the 2 fronts as they cost $44 each so i'll mite get them wednesday heres a pic of the bk 1's i got , i also got the door trims aswell, im slowly changin the interior colour as it is green n changin it to blue.

A member on here ENVS or ENVSV6, has a front pair of VN seats for $50 I rekon....he's in Murray Bridge. :thumbsup:

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
i dnt knw bout that i didnt reli look around wen i went ther last week i saw the car with the seats i wanted then went ther the other day n just got them n walked out but i shud b goin ther wednesday so i can chek for ya

yeah thx, was going to go today, but I wont be able to now.

also Id remove ya sig links before you get into trouble ;)