Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing VY Blaupunkt 6-Stacker (from ute)

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Do you know how long I've searched for a wiring diagram to suit the VY's upwards? Hours upon ****ing hours! and you found it....well thank you! !_THANK-YOU_!

Yes, if those wire are in the loom, thats them, easy way to check old son, tap into the wires and put a speaker on to them...try to use an old crap, it doesn't matter what one it is at all. Just anything thats a speaker. I say use an old one, because if they aren't the correct wires, you could find 12 Volts shooting up the backside of it quite nasty.

Good Luck.

CirrusC2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Column Shift Ute
No problems! Glad I could contribute something and not just take free advice!

Anyway, it all went in without problems. The GTO wiring diagram is indeed correct. I ended up covering the small hollow behind the drivers seat with a sheet of MDF and fitting the sub in there. The amp is under the passengers seat. The sound is excellent consider the sub used is just a cheapy Kenwood. Very happy with the little MTX amp!

Thanks for all the help. If anyone is interested I would be happy to take some photos of the install.

Nick.