Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing Woodgrain around the stereo WH statesman

dragoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
00 WH Statesman
Hey guys

Just wanted to know if there were any tricks to removing the headunit from a WH Statesman... it seems like i need to remove the woodgrain surround, is this right?

Thanks
Dragoon

Last edited:

dragoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
00 WH Statesman
The WH headunit seems to have plastic covers over those holes though... :(
IMGP0493.JPG

IMGP0494.JPG

IMGP0496.JPG

so do i have to take off the woodgrain if i want to change the head unit?

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Hmm, havent done a statesman for while...cant remember. Those little peices of plastic on either side of the head-unit that cover the holes, they dont come out do they?

I think you'll have a little trouble getting an aftermarket unit to fit in there nicely too, looks like those corners are nice and rounded?

dragoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
00 WH Statesman
Ive seen one sitting in the middle with black plastic around it, looks fine... ill try and remove those clips some more...it should all work out in the end... i picked up a pioneer deh6050ub to replace the stock one with.....

dragoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
00 WH Statesman
is there any particular way to remove the woodgrain? some way that makes it easy :p

whhsv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman 5.7
Dragoon, i know u posted in jan 09 but just removed mine quite easy put gear selector in gear 1 position then remove rubber mat where cigarette lighter is and there is 2 screws, once they r removed lift up bottom of woodgrain (surround is in 2 pieces), you will c 2 more screws holding the little compartment in place remove them and simply pull off top part of woodgrain surround