Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Repaint/Panel beat

Callum14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Commodore
Hey hey.

Im buying my mum's calais VX , its meant to be a purple/blue but over the years due to the sun it's serverly faded. Also my mum hasnt been the most cautious of drives and there's quite a few dings and scratches/scrapes around the car. She had an offer of $1200 for someone to come out and respray everything (dont know what she was doing about the dents), but would there be somewhere in brisbane that would do it all for a good price? Or can anyone recommend someone they've used?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Callum14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Commodore
Oh no by all means that's fine. But as i said I dont know alot about it, and I was woundering if it is a good price. Im a complete novice when it comes to this so I dont know its thats great good or bad.

From examining your post i assume that's quite good for a respray? I'm just weiging up my options.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
Unless this person is doing the respray as a favour or applying massive mates rates to your mum because she knows them well then you can almost guarantee that a $1200 full respray is going to be dodgy as hell.
Like most things in life you get what you pay for, if you want the respray done on the cheap cheap then it's going to be nasty.
Doing all the prep sanding and stripping the car back can always save you alot of cash though, as this process takes a long time and the panel beater is going to charge you for all the hours he spends doing this.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Totally depends on the quality you want. If its a full respray, $1200 is too cheap. That wont even cover the labour for decent preparation, so for that you will get a few coats of paint over a hastily rubbed back car. If the paint looks like crap now though, a poor quality respray might be better than none at all. Your call.

Callum14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Commodore
Hmmm I guess :/

Well I have a few pics of the car in question... FYI my mum made all the scratches and den't. alot of the paint damage is from bat poo which my mum left sitting.

IMAG0154.jpgIMAG0155.jpgIMAG0156.jpgIMAG0157.jpgIMAG0158.jpgIMAG0161.jpgIMAG0159.jpg