Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

repelling cats

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
I have this problem but it's not that bad yet but My mate has this problem aswell, they have a Fb Page with the area they are in and the owners actually believe cats are outdoor animals, that's it's cruel for them to be inside and reckons there happy to keep paying fines because they believe cats should be aloud to roam around. Funking morons. So just take them to the pound, stuff the owners if there inconsiderate about others. And if that doesn't work tyres or shotguns work well I would think, lol

When I come across these kind of people I ask them if they are happy with me coming over and crapping and urinating throughout their property seeing as though they don't have an issue with their animals doing it on mine

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
I had this issue years ago, and still do to some extent.

I walk outside every morning to go to the car and all I can smell is cat piss and ****. My bbq cover is covered in cat piss. Neighbour next door has 3 cats and they all roam 24 hr a day. Cars end up with scratched all over the roof and bonnet.

Tried all the sprays and stuff. The other day I came home from work and saw them lounging around the side of the house so I went stealth, crept up on them and launched a handful of rocks. Haven't seem them since but that will only last a week or two. They are smart animals.

Short of getting a dog (my previous Border Collie was great at sending cats to the local vet, even killed one of the neighbours cat that he caught in our back yard) there isn't much you can do really. I live one street away from the Brisbane River and believe me, the thought of trapping them and going crabbing has crossed my mind more than once but in reality I'm over it, life is too short to get worked up over stuff like this.

The other neighour's new cat has taken a real liking to me and is a pretty cool little fellow so I'll cultivate it to become territorial of my property, might keep all the other cats away. One cat spraying and shitting is preferable to 3+!

Marko_SJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 utility
I had this issue years ago, and still do to some extent.

I walk outside every morning to go to the car and all I can smell is cat piss and ****. My bbq cover is covered in cat piss. Neighbour next door has 3 cats and they all roam 24 hr a day. Cars end up with scratched all over the roof and bonnet.

Tried all the sprays and stuff. The other day I came home from work and saw them lounging around the side of the house so I went stealth, crept up on them and launched a handful of rocks. Haven't seem them since but that will only last a week or two. They are smart animals.

Short of getting a dog (my previous Border Collie was great at sending cats to the local vet, even killed one of the neighbours cat that he caught in our back yard) there isn't much you can do really. I live one street away from the Brisbane River and believe me, the thought of trapping them and going crabbing has crossed my mind more than once but in reality I'm over it, life is too short to get worked up over stuff like this.

The other neighour's new cat has taken a real liking to me and is a pretty cool little fellow so I'll cultivate it to become territorial of my property, might keep all the other cats away. One cat spraying and shitting is preferable to 3+!

If I were in your spot I'd get the dog.

It keeps the cats out, you get a new mate etc...

With this issue, even if you've asked the owners nicely, written them letters, called council etc... if you get caught poisoning peoples pets or shooting them with crossbows you'll be the bloke "who did that", even if you were at your wits end. :blah blah:

Despite all this, you shouldn't really have to be dealing with your neighbours critters in your yard :banstick:

Some people hey?

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
the humane way is to catch them and take them to the council,if they have a tag fitted you must take them to the council here,if they have no tag and you catch it it is your responsibility to deal with the cat humanely either in a bucket or the vet,this is what our local council has told us

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Yeah we are keen on a brown Border Collie this time around. They are quick and agile and pretty much keep the yard pest free. Our old one used to catch mice as well.

Will wait until the missus has a kid and is at home, otherwise the dog will go nuts.

What I don't get is I'm willing to show some thought about dog ownership, ie we are holding off while both partners work, yet pretty much everyone around us does the exact opposite, leaving the dog to fend for itself for 8+ hrs a day.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
same around here master,i think it has become a status thing unfortunately,many dogs are picked up by the council here and destroyed due to unwanted xmas presents etc or the kids they are bought for lose the patience to train them and give up,we have had many puppies dropped over our gate due to people not wanting to pay for disposal etc,unless you are a breeder I believe the dog especially male should be desexed same as cats are suppose to be but people don't want to waste the money on that-rant over-lol

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
petition your council for a cat curfew , as these are getting popular.

Asprin in milk for a permanent solution or buy some peppermint oil and make up a solution and spray it outside your boundary ,
dogs don't like this either so the top of your fence might be good , also deters rats and mice.

to the cat owners, Take some ###ing responsibility for fluffy.
cats.jpg

We should have domesticated some of our native animals like wombats, paddy melons, quokkas, bilbys, sugar gliders, phasfogales and quolls ,
that way if they got out there wouldn't be an imbalance.

Feral animals sh1t me no end.
Cat-cropped.JPG

yes your cats kills and most of the time for the hell of it.

Marko_SJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 utility
Yeah we are keen on a brown Border Collie this time around. They are quick and agile and pretty much keep the yard pest free. Our old one used to catch mice as well.

Will wait until the missus has a kid and is at home, otherwise the dog will go nuts.

What I don't get is I'm willing to show some thought about dog ownership, ie we are holding off while both partners work, yet pretty much everyone around us does the exact opposite, leaving the dog to fend for itself for 8+ hrs a day.

Good to hear M.O.R

Shame people let their cats roam and others don't give a rats about the dogs or cats.

same around here master,i think it has become a status thing unfortunately,many dogs are picked up by the council here and destroyed due to unwanted xmas presents etc or the kids they are bought for lose the patience to train them and give up,we have had many puppies dropped over our gate due to people not wanting to pay for disposal etc,unless you are a breeder I believe the dog especially male should be desexed same as cats are suppose to be but people don't want to waste the money on that-rant over-lol

X2 on de-sexing if you aren't a breeder. It should be mandatory.

Then again, why stop there how about the no-hoper people? :rofl2: