Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replace a broken Front VN passenger exterior door handle

jamo1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Hi, I have a 91 VN ute with a broken exterior door handle but am having head spins trying to fit a replacement handle I have Haines manual but their illustrations and description are not much help, is there a link to a good system,
any help appreciated,
Cheers Jamo

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
The engineering on VN door handles is ridiculous for such a basic,simple part,local panel shop is your best bet,fit it in minutes.

91SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VNSS 1991
From memory there is a clip which once moved ,removed allows for linkage to come out.

Think outside square...as @HarryHoudini said it's a 10 minute job.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
From memory there is a clip which once moved ,removed allows for linkage to come out.

Think outside square...as @HarryHoudini said it's a 10 minute job.
There is an annoying slider flat pin that holds the handle together. A oil ring pick tool or similar will free it easily enough.
But the reinstall of holding 3 pieces of handle together whilst trying to slide it back in produces many swear words :mad:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I looked at mine on the old ute as paint was chipped and looked messy on nice ute. Had a good look and decided it was too hard and left it.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I looked at mine on the old ute as paint was chipped and looked messy on nice ute. Had a good look and decided it was too hard and left it.
paint it on the ute :D

Unless I have to, I avoid removing them too. I know I am going to be doing all of the reinstall of trims & door handles etc on the freshly painted ute in the next couple of weeks, and I am not looking forward to this at all.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
It's a total bast**d of a job. Did my VS (same design as VN) over 2-3 weeks. Had to stop frequently once I got too frustrated. Managed to get it back in the end, but I hope to never have to do it again!