Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replace SS factory headunit with aftermarket system

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
The rear AUX is used for the optional rear seat DVD player, so that you can run the audio from it through the car's speakers.

Dang It!!!!

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
Do you know of any Amps that have this feature??

Cheers,
Brownie

I am using a Focal Amp that has high level converters. I am sure there are others too!

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
Little off topic, is the standard unit MP3 compatible??

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah i know, even the Wife's Elantra has MP3, and a (pain's me to say it) decent sound system (stock). O'well they might learn one day. Looks like ill have to see about getting some speakers and an amp....

Brownie82

mi04se1

need for speed
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8GT
You can buy cables that hook into the rear aux from JHP which will give you audio/video.

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
Anyone know where I can get a SV6 6 Disc Headunit from and will I be able to just pull out my Single disc one from my SV6 and connect the 6 Disc up without changing anything??

zr1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Be careful changing head units from VE to VE, I’ve had heaps of issues with my ss which I’ve had from new since 2006, the head unit has been replaced under warranty on 3 occasions and on the last occasion as soon as I drove out of the work shop had heaps of different issues, anyway after Holden couldn't sort the problem the Blaupunkt rep finally advised the head unit that they'd installed was the wrong one and wasn't compatible with the MY 06, subsequently it had to go back in for another replacement. Bearing in mind that when your car goes in for warranty most items such as stereo's, dash clusters, etc are not new ones they are simply previous faulty items that have come back to the factory, been repaired and ready to be dispatched to repair subsequent faulty ones.