Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replace SS factory headunit with aftermarket system

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
dont they need flashing or something? pretty sure you cant just swap one from another car due to security.

zr1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
dont they need flashing or something? pretty sure you cant just swap one from another car due to security.

yeh, they do need flashing, but the Blaupunkt people said even then it needs to be the right unit for the vehicle, you cant just put any old unit in there. At least that's what they said.

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
yeh, they do need flashing, but the Blaupunkt people said even then it needs to be the right unit for the vehicle, you cant just put any old unit in there. At least that's what they said.

There wrong.

I have a 2010 SV6 SIDI sportswagon and I fitted a 2007 Calais headunit to my car. Havent had any problems at all.

I did have to send the headunit and HVAC unit off to be programmed, but once that was done it has been great!

zr1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
There wrong.

I have a 2010 SV6 SIDI sportswagon and I fitted a 2007 Calais headunit to my car. Havent had any problems at all.

I did have to send the headunit and HVAC unit off to be programmed, but once that was done it has been great!

Just goijg off what happened to me! The unit did actually work but had heaps of electronic intermittent problems, once changed again they were gone. Wish you all the best with yours and hope it's fine. Out of interest what'd cost to get it programmed and who did it?

chocco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SportWagon, VZ Crewman Cross 8
Check these guys out, there was a youtube video of a VE headunit controlling a Ipod via the steering wheel controls but its now gone. I want one for my SSV, I am going to drop in there next week and see what the go is I will let you know how I go.

Welcome to No Limit

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
Just goijg off what happened to me! The unit did actually work but had heaps of electronic intermittent problems, once changed again they were gone. Wish you all the best with yours and hope it's fine. Out of interest what'd cost to get it programmed and who did it?

I have had mine fitted for 7 months now and it has been perfect.

I sent it to No Limit Electronics and it cost around $500 from memory. I had a few other things done at the sometime. I also had rear aux fitted, top center screen reprogrammed, video in motion mod and reverse camera wiring. So all that cost just over $1000

Last edited:

Joshua_aus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ignition
Check these guys out, there was a youtube video of a VE headunit controlling a Ipod via the steering wheel controls but its now gone. I want one for my SSV, I am going to drop in there next week and see what the go is I will let you know how I go.

Welcome to No Limit

It is not released yet and there is a waiting list. Last i knew it was about 4 weeks off.

zr1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
I have had mine fitted for 7 months now and it has been perfect.

I sent it to No Limit Electronics and it cost around $500 from memory. I had a few other things done at the sometime. I also had rear aux fitted, top center screen reprogrammed, video in motion mod and reverse camera wiring. So all that cost just over $1000

Cheers mate, sound like a reasonable cost for what you got.

nick2408

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
ipod cable

i have recently purchased a cable that plugs straight into the rear aux. It plays and charges iphone/ipod.