Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replaced rear lights, reverse lights to LED. Quick question.

SoulGrind

§ôµÏG®ïñD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SII Calais - VF SSV Redline
Hey guys, i changed my rear lights on my VF SSV Redline to LED, i'm getting errors from the computer (not enough load no doubt) so i was wondering if anyone knows a way to reset the BCM to relearn the current draw the LEDs use (I've read this can be done on older commodores, so i'd be surprised if it can't be done on this car)
Does anyone know the procedure to do this?

I don't want to have to wire load resistors to the car as I'd prefer to keep the wiring untouched. I change to LEDS because my car had blown 2 lights since getting it and I'd prefer not to have to replace bulbs.

Thanks for any help.

SoulGrind

§ôµÏG®ïñD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SII Calais - VF SSV Redline
Thnx for the reply, I am using canbus LEDs except 2. For some reason I'm getting a error on the reverse leds which are canbus and matched watt rating wise. I'll have to measure and see why they're giving a error. As for the other 2, which are the brake lights I've used standard non canbus, so i've ordered new ones. I have a mate that works for Holden that's going to find out if you can reset the BCM to relearn LED current draws, I'm sure I've read it somewhere before. I'll post back if there is a way to do it. Anyway, thnx for the help.