Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacement Clutch VY V6 Manual

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah... other flywheel have a tendancy to explode under that loading and that rpm...
YT do a good flywheel now that i remember!

VY5Speed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S - 5 Speed
Hey guys thanks for the info, its a great help. I doub't im going to be doing much drag racing if any. I just want something better than the stock gear to handle the power from the supercharger.

I will look around, see repco, autobarn and other places to see what they have and can get than report back and see what you guys think.

Cheers for the help again,
Daniel

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Hmmm.... bursons is a good place to look... don't go to repco unless u know someone...

REPCO... Rip Ever Poor C*nt Off
:p

If your planning charging the 5 spd then your weakest point will be the gearbox once you have replaced the clutch...

The ol' getrag will only handle a limited time of abuse before is has an anurism...

Good Luck with it all mate

fmlycar

6appeal
Reaction score
Members Ride
308rwkw 180sx
Exedy hd is the way to go. Still feels factory and hooks up so much better. I'd steer clear of repco too as someone has already mentioned. The prices there go up faster than interest rates.

br14nh

Back in the saddle....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 wagon 5sp Manual
I think GSL Rallysport who are one of the sponsors here stock the Exidy clutches....? I recently bought some engine mounts through them, they are very good to deal with.