Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacement Speakers front doors VX Commodore 2001. 5.25", 6" or 6.5"

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
The 6.5" should fit straight in.

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
ive got Hertz Energy ESK-165 Splits 6.5" splits absolutely magic speaker great trebble and decent bass as well i had never herd of them before someone told me bout them but they are hand made in italy and well worth a look mate if ur in that sorta price bracket...mine were $360 but managed to get em for $300 very good speaker just need a sub tho i think bass is gud but yeh i like lots of bass haha :thumbsup:

and yeh they do fit straight in mite need to do a little bit of plastic cutting but nuthing major

oh and i just noticed ur from perth so yeh west side car audio stock these thats where i got mine from

hertz website

cheers
ryan

vxv62005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx calais
i have a set of 6.5" jbl power 2 way speakers
to my supprise they fitted into the std 6" holes

the speakers that i have heared that sound fantastic are
focal polyglass v1
dls
morel
mb quart

antis0cial

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
Thanks heaps for all your help guys

Yeah accentstencil if I could get the 6.5's in there without too much work that would give me more options.

Thanks for your opinion vxv62005 the MB Quart you suggested are what I have always wanted this whole time.

Also thanks for the bonus tip vuv6 I have never heard of those speakers but I am definately going to look into them now, they seem to be a quality speaker much like the MB Quart.

I've just started grabbing bits and pieces here and there, being xmas got to spend money on BS xmas shopping instead.

So far, I have;

- JVC KD-AVX11 Head unit
- Rockford Fosgate T1693C 6x9" 3-Way Speakers for the rear parcel tray

What I am looking at getting;
- MB Quart or Hertz Energy Splits Component Speakers for the front doors
- JayCar Response Car Amp 4x100WRMS AA-0426
- UNIVERSAL STEERING WHEEL CONTROL INTERFACE ADAPTOR UNIT (because it will drive me nuts to be driving and press on the steering wheel controls that I have been using for 4 years and all of a sudden not have em working)

I am not looking at getting a sub or anything, Just want some decent sound with abit of bass from the 6x9s. Also is that JayCar amp any good??? I mean I dont know F*@K ALL about car stereo stuff to be honest.

Ohh yeah vuv6, do you reckon West Side are good at there installs? I was going to go Alberts in Ossie Park or Morley. Install is about 400 for all that stuff along with extra 100 for some covers for the 6 x9s and a fascia for the front.

Thanks again dudes, look forward to any advice or suggestions

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
hey mate i couldnt tell ya how gud their installs are i got this mobile bloke to do mine for me he did a really gud job and charged me like $200 for hed unit, speakers and amp to be installed which i thought was reasonable but then again he was doing it for cash and gave it to me at trade :p

the mb quart mite be better, but they are a fair bit more expensive from memory, but yeh have a listen to em ay and if ur around the balcatta area you could always call into supercheap there (my work) and ill crank mine for ya :thumbsup:

hope that helps mate
cheers
ryan

antis0cial

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
Thanks VUV6. Those F@&KING hertz speakers are killer. They sound awesome I had a listen to the MLK165 which were $799 which he was willing to do for $650, if the mises wasnt there I probably woulda grabbed them and dealt with the consequences later. lol. Though the HSK165 also sounded nice at $399. Yeah the MBs are abit expensive.

But I really want those Hertz MLK165 for $650 but yeah abit over budget speaking to a few people they reckon the closest I will get to those Hertz are these

Rockford Fosgate Power T162S ALBERTS; $599. Though can probably get em for about $400 which is in my range.

Hmmm not sure can always get the cheaper Hertz at $350. I think I should have a listen to em both again.

antis0cial

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
Went in had a listen to the HSK165 Hertz, Guy knocked em down even further to the low $300 mark. Had to get them. Thanks heaps for the recommendation VUV6, really happy with my purchase. Now just gotta grab that AMP and The CAT for the steering wheel controls.

Cheers guys..

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
good to hear u bought em local... all of these brands you listed are prone to having cheap chinese copies on ebay, and sometimes are very hard to pick just by looking at them. Stay away from focal, mb quart, morel, dynaudio, dls and rainbow on ebay!

antis0cial

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
Hmmm ok then thanks, that is good to know.. Coz I was wondering why the MB's were so cheap on eBay, something just didnt seem right. Thanks for the tip Bezz..

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
Went in had a listen to the HSK165 Hertz, Guy knocked em down even further to the low $300 mark. Had to get them. Thanks heaps for the recommendation VUV6, really happy with my purchase. Now just gotta grab that AMP and The CAT for the steering wheel controls.

Cheers guys..

no worries mate glad u like em ay they are a really gud speaker i absolutely luv mine ay :thumbsup:

if u need an amp ive got one u can have for $50 it was old ex display stock from work but yeh if u need another amp as a secondary u can take this one...its a sony 500w er xm-504z but yeh if u want ;)

cheers
ryan