Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing all Door Seals and latch plastics

Sheldon Cooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
String Theory
Hi guys

What's involved in replacing all door seals and latch plastics? I want to bring everything back to a nice tight fit in my WHII.

Cheers!

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Be cautious with new seals. I bought a new one from holden a while back, but it sat for so long in a packet, it put a permanent crease in the rubber seal and leaked and ended up re using the old one after a good clean.
Process of changing is easy. Have to remove the trim a little holding the seal in, then pull out and fit the new one. Start from the bottom and work up i found easiest.
The latch plastics ? Do the mean the stricker latch on the frame ?

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
As the Max Ellery states installation is the reversal of the removal process, yeah great help.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'd suggest the rubbers are all ok and the door latches are the problem. I recently did all the ones on the missus VX (the cheap way) and the doors close nice now without bangs and rattles.

I used electrical tape, to replace the plastic I think you would need to fit a whole new latch plate. I've done the electrical tape thing before on another car and find it last anywhere from 6 months to a year before it needs doing again.