Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing Chrome Outer Door Belt Weatherstrips & Gutter Drip Rail Mouldings

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Im thinking about completing my blackout on my MY16 Redline. I had the dealer add the full blackout kit before delivery however there was no option to blackout all the chrome around the doors. I can purchase the required parts from OPG but I would like to know if anyone here has done this, were you happy with the results and how easy is it to do. Ideally if anyone has instructions that would be very helpful. Thanks

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Im thinking about completing my blackout on my MY16 Redline. I had the dealer add the full blackout kit before delivery however there was no option to blackout all the chrome around the doors. I can purchase the required parts from OPG but I would like to know if anyone here has done this, were you happy with the results and how easy is it to do. Ideally if anyone has instructions that would be very helpful. Thanks
To actually install the drip rail mould and belt moulds is a relatively painless and easy job. Removing the belt moulds in particular requires some patience and trim tools, and finger strength, at each end of the belt moulds there are "legs" that extend into the top of the door to hold the mould on, these can break, very easily, and also trap the mould on and bend it, worst case scratch the paint as you struggle to get it off. The drip rail mould in comparison is easy, you will more than likely break 2 of the clips, which can be removed with a clip remover, and the new mould comes with new clips, the only tricky part is that it's long, and may need the assistance of another person to prevent accidental knocks against the paint work. If you have any worry, hit up your favourite panel shop and ask them to remove the moulds.