Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing headlights

vsv8berlinawag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II 5 ltr Berlina Wagon
:confused: Do you really have to remove the front bumper bar to replace the head lights. That's like taking the engine out to replace the spark plugs !!!! If so is there any thing to be wary of ????

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Isn't it just the bolts ontop?

vsv8berlinawag

Reaction score
Members Ride
No, I don't think so because from what I have read there are other mounting bolts/screws beneath the lights hidden by the bar ?

K

kapiti holden

pull number plate off, remove screws from behind, remove screws from the bars in the lower wheel arch, remove screws from upper bumber where it joins by gaurds ( need a one and a half foot extension with a ten mm socket). last of all remove the last three bolts at the top under the bonnet and you whole bumber will come off, ( eight bolts from memory, about 15 minutes work to get off ). sounds worse then it really is.

M

mwb235

yeah as you described it's really easy, but it is impossible without the extension bar (it took me two years to learn this simple thing!) Duh! :shutup:

vsv8berlinawag

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the info. Looks like it's time to knock on Pops door and get him to make up that extension with that 10mm socket.
I'm looking at installing a set of altezza headlights for my VS Berlina wagon ???
I'm guessing that putting it on takes 15 mins plus or minus a 6 pack as well ?

vsv8berlinawag

Reaction score
Members Ride
:unsure: ...one last thought, airbags ???? There are no issues with sensors etc when taking the bar off ?

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
that's shitty
just replaced both headlights and both indicators in dad's lexcen (vn) and u don't have to take the bumper off there...
maybe i shouldn't be looking for a vs after all...:D
j/k btw

aa23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Bloody hell. I've got a cracked headlight, only small, about 1-2cms, but i'm stuffed if i'm going to that much effort to replace it. Can stay right where it is, until it breaks away altogether.