Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

replacing immobiliser

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
i have an immobiliser in my vn already, but im gonna to replace it with a full alarm system. the only problem is that i dont know what each of the wires on the current immobiliser does. i have no instructions for the old one, and all i have is a model number on the side of it which is useless. has anyone been through this before, or have any suggestions?

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
I have the exact same problem. My car has an aftermarket alarm/immobiliser in it that was there when I bought it. It hides in a little box in the engine bay and only the immobiliser part of it works. When you trigger the alarm you can hear the relay in it going click click click click as it's supposed to be flashing the indicators and sounding the horn but nothing happens. Also if you try to start the car with the doors locked it won't start and if you take the box out it won't start.

Also have no idea how to get rid of the sod. I want to start with a clean slate to install a Warlock system I bought a while ago.

btw I have service manuals for both VS and VN commodores. I could scan wiring diagrams out of the VN one if you want?

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
that would be cool if you could do that for me. thanks. im trying to find a wiring diagram for the ignition loom but having no luck so far

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
VP engine wiring

In the process of colourising it

Attachments

• engine management.jpg
    engine management.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 8,606