Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing rear window on a VS

Asher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
I'm trying to find information/instructions on how to install a rear window on a VS. I can only seem to find tutorials on how to install a front windscreen and I'm not sure if they are the same process.

Anybody I ask in person seem to tell me conflicting information from saying it's similar to installing front windshield to telling me I need to buy a seal that vacuum seals in by attaching a battery to some terminals that I can't seem to find.

If somebody could point me to where a proper tutorial, video or instruction manual on how to install a rear window I would be grateful.

Also, I have a feeling I might get advice somewhere along the lines of "Pay a certified professional to do the installation". However I do not have the luxury of being able to afford this, instead I have a window out of another VS and want to find out the correct way to instal it myself.

Thanks,

vylover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Manual Ute
Ace windscreen's are very affordable and very easy to deal with :) they come to you and then at least you have FULL LIFETIME WARRANTY I got my front windscreen and my rear quarter done for $330!! so cheap when i got quoted over 400 for 3 other quotes i got! anyways i don't know how to fit myself but it may be worth it getting it done by a professional because then you don't ever need to worry about it ####ing up again :)

Asher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Vylover, I don't live in Sydney or anywhere close to any capital city. I also don't have $300 spare.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Pay someone to do it.

The windows are a very structural part of the car and shouldn't be installed by anyone other than a professional. You'd be amazed how much strength and rigidity they add to the car overall.

Ring around and get some quotes. Shouldn't cost much.

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
Do you have access to all the tools required to remove the window and the stuff required to put it back in. Its not a hard job if you have the right stuff to do it. I do this for a living so feel free to ask what is required.