Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rest in peace

bassmansimon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S 5 speed
sad story:

i was driving home last night, lost control in sydney's wet weather, and ended up hitting a building (after a telegraph pole).

no photos unfortunately, as my mobile phone ran out of battery. NOT A GOOD NIGHT! i'm off to the doctor in a minute as i'm really hurting a lot more than last night.

anyway, long story short, my 2001 VX S Manual is no more - it's easily a write off. so before it got towed for insurance, i got some stuff out of it.

i've listed this in the vx section as i don't think the goods would be of any use to other people in the for sale section

let me know if anyone is interested in purchasing any of the following things:

vx s 16" spare wheel and tyre

boot floor liner - excellent condition

cup holder insert

near brand new genuine HSV floor mats. i bought these only a couple of weeks ago cost around $100. i had to rip the driver's one a little bit to get it out as it got caught between my brake pedal and my driver's wheel (owch). photos on request.

holden wheel nut spanner / jack turning tool

holden standard jack which sits flush in the boot

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Sorry to hear about the car mate!!! Hope ur all sweet @ the doctors today...

Yeah, wet roads are a bitch, i nanny my car so much when its even drizzled...

Anyway, what are your plans after u get the insurance payout? How much was it insured for? Hopefully like me and you have it agree'd @ 21,000!!

Keep us posted on progress...

Catchya

bassmansimon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S 5 speed
agreed value = 16000, so after i take out excess, towing fee, and the little bit i still owe on it, i'll probably get back about 12000

not sure what i'm gonna get this time around. would really love another commo (vy/vz s (sedan or ute) would be awesome), but im going back to full time study and need the petrol money for other essentials such as food etc, so we'll see.

bassmansimon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S 5 speed
cool well if all goes well with the insurance (ie. they don't say something like "hey you used to have a boot liner! give it to us so we can sell it for salvage!"), then yeah sure. it may take some time to sort that all out so i'll get back to you all on that one.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
yeah,

But anything that isn't specifically listed on your insurance you can take out...
THough u gotta replace it with the stock ones...

But i doubt their gonna be picky about the boot liner...lol

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Chuck the pictures up...

Its abit annoying when people assume you can't drive caus you have an accident...

sometimes **** happens, no-ones fault and theres nuffin you can do about it no matter how responsible and gooda driver you are!

bassmansimon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S 5 speed
got these photos at the towing yard as i left my motorway tag in the car and went to get it back yesterday.

some of what was left of the driver's wheel (pictured) ended up smashing against the firewall, breaking it into the footwell. it pushed the firewall up, which only stopped at the full extension of the brake pedal (hope that makes sense).

what that means for me is that my right foot, which was firmly on the brake pedal, was in an instant thrown back towards me by the force of my firewall. end result = crutches.

Attachments

• P1000470-small.jpg
    P1000470-small.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 202
  • P1000469-small.jpg
    P1000469-small.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 207
  • P1000467-small.jpg
    P1000467-small.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 179
  • P1000468-small.jpg
    P1000468-small.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 173

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
agreed value = 16000, so after i take out excess, towing fee, and the little bit i still owe on it, i'll probably get back about 12000.

Hey, real sorry about the acident - how did you manage a pole AND a building??? Anyway, have the insurance company inspected it and will you get any heat from them due to the wheels? Just curious....:whistling

bassmansimon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S 5 speed
the car was traveling at a 45 degree angle left. when it mounted the footpath, the right front wheel glanced a pole and the front hit the corner of a building.

wheels shouldn't be a problem as they are only 18" up from 16" standard ones, and i told the insurance company when i got them anyway.