Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Resto Project - VS Charged Ute

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Might have to sift through the Tripin' thread.
Or is there a wiring diagram in a manual?

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Haha what a nightmare. Looks sexy though.....

I've heard that thread referred to but yet to find it

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Mainly been mucking around with wiring.

Re wired tweeters.

Purchased:
Statesman centre console and stereo surround etc. stato glovebox and fuse panel (standard).
Statesman dash strip near windscreen
Statesman door cards
Transmission cooler
Surge tank
New amp fuse
Chromed trans pan
2x level 3 clusters
Vt big brake upgrade

Plenty of fun to be had.

Pics tonight when installed

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Progressing well.

Aftermarket power windows were making the door card sit wonky so I culled the power windows for now.

One door card installed so far. Looks so much sexier and lines up with the dash etc.

Centre console and stereo surround half installed. I need to move the hvac and stereo forward a cm to allow for statesman surround.

Need to modify the height adjustment screws on centre floor console as I don't have a shifter plate on the tunnel. Still trying to sort out best shifter.

Dash, cards and console all grubby from storage. Will clean it up when fully installed and she should come up mint.

Building a bit of a monster here - vr caprice dash pad? Vs statesman door trims? Vt brakes, vz style side skirts, Renault blow off valve, random seats haha

Also wondering if anyone here knows if I could add three subs and two amps to my existing setup without blowing something up? I got bulk wiring, spare battery, worlds biggest fuses (I'll get pick later) and an empty sealed try and I scored free subs and amps......

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Installed new stereo fuse and tidied up wiring near engine bay fuse box.

In process of installing vx hsv calipers.

Painted inner rim of the xhp 19" wheels as well as wheel nut area.

Will get pic of new brakes and wheels when installed

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Building a bit of a monster here - vr caprice dash pad? Vs statesman door trims? Vt brakes, vz style side skirts, Renault blow off valve, random seats haha

Rusty's monster...it's alive...it's alive! .......almost.

Lookin good.:spot on:

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Thanks mate :)

Having a break from wiring and playing around with the brakes.

Found that they are pbr k247-0370 2 rear two pot vx hsv calipers also found on vz ssv I believe. New ventilated rotors all round with vx hsv rears that are fresh from rebuild.

Painting them all red tonight. Installing tomorrow. Will be putting in new front hubs when in area. New braided lines all round too.

She should stop a bit better now :)

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Progress..... Kinda

Found the rears to be different bolt spacing into the diff housing. Dunno how to sort that one out yet.

Fronts proved to be mildly tricky. Had a backing plate to suit the vx brakes but didn't want to dig that deep to remove backing plate. Modified existing plate ( tin snips). Chucked on new rotor, pads and calipers bolted up beautifully. Will run braided lines tomorrow. Need to modify bracket on strut tower and change fittings for the braided lines

Halfway through ten million jobs at moment. Still need to finish interior - change cluster - play with wiring - move stereo forward to meet statesman surround - weld bolts for centre console under tunnel - install ratchet - plate / weld old handbrake location - re carpet - upgrade rear brakes or modify vx hsv ones - finish paint and polish of wheels - get two tyres - install trans cooler - remove and paint fender - wire fog lights - fix leather on seat - get black pillar trims - install black seatbelts - paint side Skirt - wire fog lights - tidy window winder surround - install other subs and amps - lower

This list will get me divorced

Differences of rear calipers:

Shiny goodness

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore

franken ute ? :D