Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Resto Project - VS Charged Ute

vzsv6manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
Love this ute I want a charger for mine ! Keen to see what you do with the console too

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Thanks mate. The charger certainly brings it to life. I've had some big v8's and turbo 4/6's and never expected this thing to pull as hard as it does. Dyno and tune coming soon

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Decided to give rocker covers a paint. Managed to remove drivers side in 5 minutes. Passenger side requires intake elbow, MAF, coil pack and a million looms to be moved and disconnected. Need to remove plenum cover and top plenum and fuel rail just to get the damn cover off

Will add more pics soon

Added some bling. Still chasing another for right fender

Last edited:

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Mainly tidied up some ofthe wiring under the bonnet today and more fiddly small things. Re routed accelerator cable and tried to hide a few away etc

Painted sun visors as they were a cream colour and roof lining is grey/black

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Operation fog light install commenced

Underway

And done

Last edited:

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Off colour and stone chipped front was driving me nuts so I gave it a quick tidy up

Deleted the red strip but it may make a return. Still haven't put on silver bezels yet. Will tidy it up later

Last edited:

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Looking good mate!

Thanks mate. The front end looks soo much better out in the light and without the red strip. It brings out the satin silver in the bezels.

I'm thinking that pin striping on the headlights like the old HBDs (I think hbd) would bring it up nice and tidy.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Took her for a test run today and it ran beautifully. Sits at 2100rpm @100kmh cruising down highway.

Replacing power steering pump hopefully within the week and will either paint or upholster the pillar plastics to black / grey to match the roof and visors. Considering putting bags in the back and lowering the front in the near future.

Also hoping to relocate the boost gauge and install stocko centre console ASAP. Wreckers are too expensive for all the individual bits required so may buy a donor.

Also looking for suggestions as to what else I could do to the engine bay to clean it up a bit more. I know I need to replace the plates on the strut tower and tidy the fuse box. Want to remove or relocate the horn screamer too

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Let me know what interior pieces you need. Just about have a whole interior under my house.