Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Resto Project - VS Charged Ute

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Hey guys,

Ute news - Chucked in the new diff oil. Managed to blow one or potentially both the catalytic converters. Chunks of ceramic came out ass end and now on start up she is spraying little bits out the back. Sounds a hell of a lot gruntier.

Dropped oil as I stuffed up and got a little water in the oil when doing the lower inlet manifold. Got some top of the line Penrite fully synthetic race 10 oil or something or rather, also picked up a high efficiency oil filter. Will update with pics. Installed all 4 rims from the VY. Had to sadly sell the VY to fund life since the misses took the lot.

Got bored and re routed / shortened / changed just about every fuel line, relay, vac line etc. Fuel lines etc are so much more direct now and throttle response is heeeaps better! Re routed the pod filter to under the bonnet and will custom up something for airflow asap. Spent countless hours tidying up wiring etc. Would hardly notice by looking at it but I am stoked. All wiring has been straightened and tidied under conduit. Hours and hours and sleepless nights

To answer earlier question - I used chevy orange heat proof paint for the rockers. Will re do when I am satisfied with under bonnet placement of everything. Chucked new leads in as the old ones would not reach. Currently not matching leads but will soon fix.

Still need to paint bonnet and roof but the wife ended up with air compressor and assorted painting gear. Most mods in the upcoming months will be cheap fine tuning etc as I am slowly losing all my tools to pawn shops to put food on the table.

This ute will sadly be for sale once completed to fund a way of being with my son. Original 25 000km on body and engine. No idea what it is worth. Hundreds of hours spend, litres of blood and tears and tens of thousands of dollars spent (majority spent by previous owner). Will be devestated to see her go but I need my son.

I will update the "completion" as we go.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Ute sold. Got nothing for it. Working on a piece of **** $200 commodore just so I have wheels.

Devestated.....

Lesson learnt - DO NOT GET MARRIED FOLKS.

This thread should be "rise and fall of rusty"

FIN

ozeholden

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VU S Ute
Sorry about the divorce man, was a great thread read pretty much all of it.page by page, how did yous ended up getting there?

And your a good dad for selling and thinking if your son.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Hry guys cheers for all the nice comments.

slowly piecing my life together still.

just wondering what you guys think this ute is worth. I have the opportunity to buy it back. Its done no driving since I sold it. Dont want to disclose price yet just wanting everyones thoughts. Thanks

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
I'll go $5000 if it was registered with roadworthy certificate.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Rego current and safety provided. Thanks for info. You're pretty much on the figure. I know parts are worth that n more but so much money for a vs ute! It feels like unfinished business this ute.

if I was to buy it it would be long term project than no future partner will take away from me

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Is that more than you sold her for?
Yeah it's a lot for a ute that age but you know every part of the thing and it looks like a good one.