Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Retard smashed my car, write off or fixable?

zucan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford
any updates

once a professional vehicle assessor looks at it then you can figure out what to do .

the question is what will they find behind the skin and is it still safe to drive today's cars are make to crumble

be interesting to see what happens in the end but look at it this was at least you were not in the car and not injured I recon any car accident you walk away from is a good one

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
yup, could always be much worse

zucan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford
I had a major spinal injury I damaged a disk and spent some time in RPH spinal unit in Perth and I saw some guys there who had minor accidents but did major damage to there body some may never walk others will be spoon feed for the rest of there life make you think of how lucky you are walking out of a place like that

y3z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF SV6
I am lucky that i was just few meters away from it. Nothing happened to the P plater..

As for the result i should be getting i back within a week or so, they said its only cosmetic damage and everything will be replaced with new parts. Nothing major they said.
So yeah theyll fix it and i get it back.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I had a trolley into the side of the front passenger door, right on the horizontal ridge/seam (needs repair + paint), 2 months later in outback Queensland, 3 kanga's decided to run the gauntlet, 1 made it 2 didn't. Need a new bonnet, front right quarter panel and whole plastic front end replaced for the first kanga plus its mate ran head first into drivers door which needs repair + paint. Apparently when the front doors get the paint they spray a little onto the rears to blend. It seems like half the car will end up being painted!
I was thinking of a full respray of the whole car but surprisingly its still about $3000 on top of the 2 insurance claim repairs. Spoke to the panel beater in regards to adding a little more flake for the respray which he said wouldn't be a problem but would need to go a fraction darker in the paint to compensate. Colour is Perfect Blue. Wife wants more bling from the paint as it will soon have some advertising on it and obviously wants to draw attention to it. Exterior paint still needs to be relatively close to inside doors, engine bays etc... Anyone got opinions?

zucan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford
Queensland, 3 kanga's they are a bugger and have no road sense lol

I moved from Perth couple of years back to Broken Hill so many roos and so many cars driving around town with that big dent in the center of the bonnet

I meet a guy who used to live next how he was going and he was dead set against roo bars he said they are ugly
well he hit a roo and he has no car insurance over 8k to get it fixed and it has to go to Mildura or wait a few months till the local guys get through there work load now he is winging about no car and local bus service is crap and stops at 5 pm

He said i was right you really do need a roo bar out this way but late now he learned the hard way

bull bars may not be a good looking item but you really do need one if you live in a remote town

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
My Daughter has had a nice VT for getting onto ten years now that I look after for her.

Over Christmas she was waiting to cross into traffic from a side road and a retard of 16 years old and weighing all of 100kg on a skate board ran into the front nearside of her car damaging it.
Guard knocked in, bonnet scratched, aerial knocked off, and as retard came off the bonnet hit the near side front door marking it.

Retard tried to get away, but was restrained by passers by and was made to identify himself.

Daughter put a claim through her insurance, with nothing to pay up front, picked up VT this morning all repaired and looking good.

Retard will or has now been contacted from insurance company and if no monies come forward will be sued via his parents it seems.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
bull bars may not be a good looking item but you really do need one if you live in a remote town

I think they're necessary just driving round the city....not just the country....

FWIW, I have one fitted to my VC....and I live in the city and do some country driving

y3z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF SV6
heh.. so i got my car back only to find a dodgy paint job. boot lid doesnt match, rear doesnt match and front bumper doesnt match.
talking to aami about getting it re done. The job was rushed, some parts the paint is thin and you can see through it.

people just dont care enough to do a job as if it was their own...

but this is un acceptable to me.

paint.jpg

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
heh.. so i got my car back only to find a dodgy paint job. boot lid doesnt match, rear doesnt match and front bumper doesnt match.
talking to aami about getting it re done. The job was rushed, some parts the paint is thin and you can see through it.

people just dont care enough to do a job as if it was their own...

but this is un acceptable to me.

View attachment 177028
was it done before christmas?