Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Return the favour: Help me to recover my Commodore!

SwordFish

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vZ
Well going back a few months i remember helping out the JC community by posting bargains for the greater benefit of all, now i need your help with a predicamate which i am in!!

I have a disaster on my hands,

I went away for a few weeks and returned to find miniscule fragments of metal rusted onto all the surfaces of my VZ. Turns out the 'ol boy had been using the angle grinder and shooting pieces all over the show. Unfortunately most of the specs have bonded to the paint and begun rusting:hmmm: I have tried using Kitten no.2 cut'n'polish (by hand) and it has removed about 60% of the buildup, however I cant seem to be able to get the rest off in a timely and safe manner.

I have attatched two images so that you can see what i am talking about, the first is an actual picture i took earlier (you may need to tilt your monitor to see them in more detail ~~sorry!) With the second i have inverted the colour so you can see the damage more easily!

Thanks

Your friendly Just Commodores Bargain Hunter

~SwordFish

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 313
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Your father should be footing the bill here. I know if I damaged anyone's property through my own careless actions like he did, I would without hesitation recompense, repair or replace items damaged/broken.

david dubbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx gen111 wagon
mate it might sound stupid but I did it with my car when I bought it it was covered in overspray and all sorts of **** cut and polish only removed half of it the rest I got off with jif out of the missus sink cupboard and then a polish

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
mate, years back I did some angle grinding to get rid of some rust off a boat trailer, some of the debris from the grinding wheel got directed onto a glass sliding door. Its still there and impossible to remove.

R0d

Reaction score
Members Ride
cammed vu maloo r8
mate, years back I did some angle grinding to get rid of some rust off a boat trailer, some of the debris from the grinding wheel got directed onto a glass sliding door. Its still there and impossible to remove.

you'll find its chipped the glass or slightly melted it how far has the bits of metal come before hitting your car because if there hot it might have burnt the paint

SwordFish

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vZ
Ok guys, thanks for your help.

To the previous poster, yes i have clay barred it, it basically has the same effect as the cut'n'polish, albeit takes a hell of a lot longer!

I have come to the conclusion that yes it is the old mans fault, but have no idea south of respraying it (respraying is perhaps a little overkill) on how to rectify it. What i mean is that the old man will be footing the bill - but what/who do i have to do/find to fix this mofo of a problem!?

VN_chris

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore S
Oh man i feel your pain, dad scratched my car by driving agains the hedge. buffed out, lucky. Take it to a smash repair shop and they will respray it for a fee