Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rev limiter

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
is there anyone you can disable the rev limiter when car is in park or neutral to make it rev higher than the 4000 etc mark?

06vzcalais

Reaction score
why bother reving your car past 4g's while stationary. things like this are there for a reason, like preventing you from over revving and cooking your motor while stationary i really dont see the need to be able to rev past the 4 while in park

mattsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SENATOR
is there anyone you can disable the rev limiter when car is in park or neutral to make it rev higher than the 4000 etc mark?

Hey mate,

Based on this and a couple of the other threads you've started (boost guage, exhaust etc.) I'm guessing your a young guy and this is your first car?

Just wanted to let you know that you can use the Search function to find answers to some of these common questions instead of posting a new thread each time... For example, here is a thread which would have answered your question: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...cannot-rev-over-4000rpm-what-problem-has.html

Cheers

kj0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman Cross 6
Mate, I"m a young gun as well. Love my Ricers, but mate, reving past 4k rpm (like above) you will cook your engine and burn more fuel than rubber. Be sensible. boost, turbo's, sure but fiddly things like this are in place so you can look after your car and get you into a decent relationship.

In other words, Forget about it. Do something nice to the exterior instead to pll some birds eye in.

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
lol my commodores my second car, first one was a toyota camry 96 model. i had completely done that up with exhaust, custom dash, neons, n everything. but cause that car was old, its the reason why i played around with it. but my commodores, i dont wanna stuff anything up on it

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
I agree, if you want to rev harder than 4000 you'de want to look at cams and bottom end work that can take it. Stock cars dont really make any more power after redline limiter, once you're in the red, you're only making noise not power.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Yes you can have it removed with a VCM tune. Im not sure why you would want to rev it that high at the lights anyway?

kj0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman Cross 6
I agree, if you want to rev harder than 4000 you'de want to look at cams and bottom end work that can take it. Stock cars dont really make any more power after redline limiter, once you're in the red, you're only making noise not power.
Correct, unless it is a rotary that is designed to rev that high. The VZ has a max on the dial as 7k and when I put my foot down in second it hits 6.3k pretty easily, but than it will change without me taking my foot off. that's in the red real easy, wonder how much damage has been done.