Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

reverse camera in VZ Crewman

macnoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ s crewman
Hi
I am fitting a reverse camera etc in my crewman.
wondering if any of you can direct me to a wiring diagram for Manual VZ crewman.
all I need is to pick up the positive when in reverse wire at the connector behind the panel at bonnet release lever. maybe someone can tell me the colour of that and spare me probing for a day.
On a positive note I can tell you that the monitor - - "mirror replacement glass" that sells on Ebay fits directly onto the mounting anchor on the windscreen once you prise off the original
thanks
John

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Hi Jon and welcome to the forum.
Why don't you tap into the positive wire in the boot that goes to one of the reversing lights, or check the colour of that wire. Since the camera is mounted at the rear it would be closer to the loom in the boot. That's where I wired mine to.

macnoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ s crewman
reverse camera in Crewman

Thanks for reply.
I didn't want to pick upi 12v+ at rear for a number of reasons
1) The camera for replacement mirror with built in monitor I am fitting gets it supply voltage from a three core cable going back from module rather than a fly wire and seperate VGA like most camera / monitors.
As such picking up voltage near ligts would involve running an additional wire to dash.
2) With ute liner the taillights and wiring are hard to get at in the Crewman
3) I am powering the monitor as well as the camera trigger direct from reverse positive supply. that way the monitor is not on standby , nor is there the fear of distraction of it being on while driving forward.

A bit of probing found the Green wire on the socket nearest you when you remove drivers kick panel to be the reverse supply.
The finished installation with the mirror replaced onto the original mount looks factory fitted.
Much neater than some of the clip on over mirror, sunvisor replacement and stand alone monitors I have seen on friends vehicles.
If anyone wants any detail just ask.
John

cross8wa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross8
John,
I'd be interested in the details of the camera kit so I can buy one. Do you have any pics of the monitor installed?
Cheers,
Keith

alpha

Reaction score
Members Ride
SVZ
A bit of probing found the Green wire on the socket nearest you when you remove drivers kick panel to be the reverse supply.

Hi John,
What is the "socket nearest you..." that you are referring to? How many connections on the socket? And is it already connected to other wires/harness?

I have wireless reverse camera and monitor connected and working. I want to switch my wireless reverse monitor (mounted on the dash) to come on only when in reverse. The wireless reverse camera is already patched to the reverse light but I do not want to run the wire from the front to the boot.

Cheers,
Aaron

brumbypt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Thanks for the tip and the green wire int he first plug, that tip made my job real easy. well once I got the kick panel off..

I still havnt drill the hole in the back bumper, ran out of time today as other people came in and needed stuff done.

I also unplugged the wire to the antenna aand installed a switch, cos the new head unit puts the antenna up even if you are listening to a cd or bluetooth music..

So now it only goes up if I flick the switch.