Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse Sensors

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
The Factory Park assist should beep twice when the vehicle is placed in reverse.
If you have a factory Holden trailer harness, then the park assist will automatically switch off when a trailer is plugged in to the harness.
But otherwise, the unit should function normally.

The speaker is located near the rear parcel shelf, on the passenger side, and the Off,Low,High Switch should be facing the lugge area, and be easily accessed.

The speaker is very small, roughly 5cm x 5cm x 5cm.
It is possible that the speaker could be missing, removed, or damaged.
The main control module sits back from the battery, towards the parcel shelf and is roughly the size of a large packet of cigarettes.
It should have 6 small plugs coming out of it...

The good news is that if you were missing the speaker, or control module, then these can be easily and cheaply replaced.
The expensive part of the Parking assist system is the Sensors (and Painting them).....

I have a new Genuine Parking Assist kit here in front of me, and I will try and take some photos of the parts so as you can identify them.

Cheers

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
I have seen one person with a horrible aftermarket unit mounted strangely under the drivers seat, worth checking just in case.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
The Factory Park assist should beep twice when the vehicle is placed in reverse.
Negative. And it has never done-so.

...and I will try and take some photos of the parts so as you can identify them.
For the love of God, YES! This would make life easier.

Joey24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Have you checked if the sensors are actually enabled/on as you can turn them off. To check you will need to go to the settings by using the scroll button on your steering wheel. Might be useful to read the owners manual for more info on this.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Have you checked if the sensors are actually enabled/on as you can turn them off. To check you will need to go to the settings by using the scroll button on your steering wheel. Might be useful to read the owners manual for more info on this.

G'day chum,

I read both manuals repeatedly. :)

I went through the menu and there was no option for the sensors...Very strange.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Im guessing the trailer plug is the culprit. When you open the door on the trailer plug it disables the sensors via a magnetic switch. If that switch fails the sensors are permanently disabled.

First try opening the door and letting it "slam" shut a few times and see if the sensors begin to work. If that doesnt work buy a new plug they should be cheap and easy to replace yourself.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Here are some images....
(Scroll down the bottom of the Page)
www.carmodder.com • Factory Park Sensors / Park Assist Project

Note the first image is the Parking Sensor Speaker.
If you look closely at the image, you can see the Off, Low and HI switch and settings.
Must probably, your speaker is switched off...

Hope this helps

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Seriously - DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! If I could get rid of mine I would. Hate the things intensely. If you need assistance reversing then get a camera - they are highly recommended and should be fitted to every car IMO.

Reaper

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Zerone_V, thankyou so much for the help.
Unfortunately, I could not find the speaker OR the module anyways on/in/around the car.
I even took the battery cover off from in the boot, and reached in and felt around, but still nothing.

This makes absolutely no sense at all.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
You need to remove all the trims in the boot starting with the hard plastic one that sits at the rear under the bootlid.

Then the carpeted trims by removing the push in clips.

Did you try what I posted?