Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reversing lines on camera

Rhys01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
Hi all

I have recently purchased a 2014 VF calaisV and this will be the last holden I will ever own. I love the car, it has pretty much every option I could want
( although it would be nice on the heads up display, it could read and change the speed limits Like on the wifes 2018 corolla).
I noticed that some calais of the same year have reversing guide lines which mine doesn't.
I assume the guide lines are part of the camera as the Mylink system seems to have the software updates and none of the dealerships seem to know the answer

Cheers

Rhys
(may holden reign at Bathurst today)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The guidelines come with a MyLink software upgrade which they released mid 2015 or thereabouts, our 2014 was a demo & didn’t have them when we test-drove it June 2015, so the dealer installed the latest upgrades before delivery. Voila, guidelines!

However … is it possible there’s a setting somewhere buried in the menus? Those menus are painful to navigate, may not be easy go find.

As an aside, what do you mean with the speed limits on the HUD in the Corolla? What’s it‘s HUD got that the Commodore’s doesn’t? Do you mean it reads the speed signs rather than relying on possibly outdated SatNav maps?

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Forg is right.
If you have the software update, there is the option to turn them on.

A few of us have done this update ourselves with a vcx nano , search forum, starting with this:

Rhys01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
Thanks Guys

Re the Corolla she has a standard corolla no HUD, the camera detects speed signs temp and permanent , and shows up on the digital part of the instrument display the holden is relying on outdated SatNav maps

The dealers I took the car to checked and said software is up to date.
Love my ride

Thanks heaps

Rhys

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Thanks Guys

Re the Corolla she has a standard corolla no HUD, the camera detects speed signs temp and permanent , and shows up on the digital part of the instrument display the holden is relying on outdated SatNav maps

The dealers I took the car to checked and said software is up to date.
Love my ride

Thanks heaps

Rhys
2 options:
1. They're lazy or unknowledgable and dont want to do it
2. You are up to date but been disabled in the mylink settings. Have a hunt around the menus and see if you can find reverse camera grid lines.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
The update was to fix bluetooth issues. Guidelines just happened to be apart of the package.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
The update was to fix bluetooth issues. Guidelines just happened to be apart of the package.
Actually, I think it’s maybe more relevant to say that the way to convince a dealer to install the latest update was to say you had bluetooth issues …. :)

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
2 options:
1. They're lazy or unknowledgable and dont want to do it
2. You are up to date but been disabled in the mylink settings. Have a hunt around the menus and see if you can find reverse camera grid lines.
In which case for option 2 we should add ‘now see option 1‘.

Even if buried in the menu what happened to good old fashioned service where a dealer (which I assume sold Holdens until 5 years ago) would go to the trouble to do something what should be simple to them other than putting their hand out to take your money.

When I ordered my SS wagon back in 2017, I paid the extra for a 6 yr manufacturer warranty. I had always taken my new Holdens back to the Dealer for services during the warranty period at least…I stopped taking the SS to them in the middle of last year and so have been prepared to forego the last 2yrs of the warranty I paid for. I have absolutely zero confidence that they are remotely interested apart from trying to upsell and make more money from me eg when they rang me while servicing our 2016 ute in mid 2019 telling me it needed a new battery. I said no thanks…and eventually replaced it myself in the middle of this year…yeah right, on its last legs yet it lasted a further 3 years..

Apologies for the irrelevant rant but I feel better now :D

Rhys01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
Thanks guys

Appreciate the help and feedback.
I guess with staff at dealerships who knew there product moving on, its hard to get a straight answer form newer people who just don't know the product even if it has been discontinued

Rhys

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
When I ordered my SS wagon back in 2017, I paid the extra for a 6 yr manufacturer warranty. I had always taken my new Holdens back to the Dealer for services during the warranty period at least…I stopped taking the SS to them in the middle of last year and so have been prepared to forego the last 2yrs of the warranty I paid for.
We got ours with a 5yr factory warranty … it only took two dealer visits before I took the car back for all it’s services to my preferred MTA-member mechanic who I actually trust & who doesn’t damage cars unlike a dealer & the use of whom for servicing didn’t void the warranty. I believe that taking your car to a dealer for all it’s servicing probably gets you better support in case of arguable warranty claims where maybe it’s covered by warranty and maybe it’s not … but I wasn’t willing to take the risk of cosmetic damage.