Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reversing Sensors not working

Squidgy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ute
Hey guys, so i took my car for a service at a holden dealership, thinking that they would look after me and the car, i was wrong i guess haha anyways after that service i noticed alot of changes happening to my car, my remote lock changed when i pressed locked twice, and the reversing sensors stopped working, although I'm not 100pct sure that it happened right after the service. I just want to know is there a way to find the problem or should I take it back to the dealership and tell them they screwed up? Apologies if something like this has posted :)

Oh and i Drive a SV6 S2 2011 Ute

supercharged-ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 Alloytec190
Gday mate i not long got a vz so i don't know the ve model much but the vz comes up with a lot of options in the dash menu after turning the ignition on.
Including having to press once or twice to open the doors and turning off the beep indicator for the reversing sensor so i am just thinking if they flashed your computer system and reset all those options (which i am guessing the ve would have them)
Anyway just a thought

Xageer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY11 Series II SV6 Manual
As said above. Door locks can be changed on the settings on the dash cluster with the steering wheel controls

For the sensors, I believe they can be turned on or off from the IQ Head unit, under config, I can't remember exactly where. Have a play around with that first, and see if perhaps it's just that

Squidgy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ute
Thanks guys, I'll have a play around and let you guys know if it works or not :D

Squidgy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ute
Hey guys thanks for your help but unfortunately that didn't fix anything, I couldn't find anything to do with the sensors :/ and other suggestions would help!! :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adventra LX8 & LX6
Does it have a factory tow bar?
If so I've had a couple of Commodores that the reed switch it the trailer plug cap packs up...
Both of mine I just bypassed the reed switch inside the socket. (its only purpose is to turn off reverse sensors when you have a trailer on)

Shauno-81

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.0L VE Calais-V.
I feel your pain mate my 06 Calais sensors are no longer working either, they stopped working after I replaced a wheel speed sensor. Occasionally when I select reverse they come on for a second then go off again. Good luck with yours I've given up on mine. Shame cos I relied on them too

Squidgy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ute
Thanks Shauno-81 and no it doesn't have a factory tow bar unfortunately AdventraAddict :\