Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reward for finishing Uni...VE SS

dallascowboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
The stock 6 stacker decided it didnt want to stack/play music anymore so thought it best to upgrade instead of replacing with the same old deck. Wanted to keep the factory look and found a guy that makes plug and play kits to put S2 stereos into S1 VE's.

He sent all the bits from Sydney and i then started the fun journey of pulling my entire dash out to put the new deck in....seems scary but if ya remember the order ya took everything out its not that bad....In the end i LOVE the new look and i now have a awesome touch screen, sat nav, internal HDD, usb, MP3, bluetooth streaming and rev camera.
JiecCCk.jpg

7aybvLk.jpg

Last edited:

dallascowboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Was getting the speed braking wobbles so decided to change the standard discs to something with a bit more bite!

DBA T2 Rotors with Bendix Ultimate pads. thanks Ebay!

Been on there for about 2 months now and the wobble is gone and there is a noticeable difference in braking. and it looks heaps better ;)
npga3zy.jpg

Last edited:

dallascowboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Replaced all the bushes in the ass end and the rear shocks....handles like a completely different car....so stable under acceleration and cornering !!!!!!!
pC8FRTh.jpg

Last edited:

dallascowboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
so the car handles great but have had to revert back to the standard diff mount bushes.....the noise transfer was crazy....since i have gone back to the standard diff bushes all the noise has gone.....so would recommend changing the rest but not the diff bushes

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Weak! Turn the stereo up.

dallascowboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
wanna hear the V8 note not the stereo :/........or the diff

hasnt made any difference to the handling with the stock diff bushes back in...dont reckon ya need then in anyways

dallascowboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
cheers....yeah its so much better than the old one.....there are a few design issues with the way the touch screen is set up by holden (its a bit harder to search for songs etc fast and a few other small things) but its worth being slightly inconvenienced on the odd occasion to have the "factory" look