Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RH Bumperette with exhaust hole?

grj65

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Just picked up a 2004 VZ SS ute and want to run dual exhaust. Did the VZ ever come out with the RH side exhaust cutout? Or do I have to go for an after market kit....

Cheers

matt_brown

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute
when i had my v6 vy ute i did this. i went to a bumper bar place called farmer brothers in newcastle they do plastic welding and repairs he did the cut out to the exact same as the left side even had the same lip and everything. that cost 70 bucks i think thats not the problem i had. look under the right side where the exhaust needs to come out there is a large part of the actual body behind the bumper that ya have to cut out i didnt relise till the night before my exhaust was getting done so i hacked away at it bit dodgy but ya couldnt see it with the pipe coming out.
i have a vz ss with dual system on it now but its only got the one outlet on the left side if there is a neater way of hackin away at the body id go dual outlets cause they look meaner that way.
hope ya have some luck with it

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You could cut or grind the bit of body seam matt-brown is talking about or you could bash it up with a hammer. If you don't make room the exhaust will hang lower on the RHS.

There is a place over here that does exchange bumperettes with the cut out and painted colour matched, but they are about $250 ish. Just cut the plastic out your self if you have a jig saw, make a template of the other side with a bit of cardboard, flip it over and trace it onto the RHS.

cikas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Most exhaust shops will do it for ya as part of the install..
Definatley makes it look million bucks with 2 cut outs :)
Here is a pic of mine with Quad 3' Tip
DSCF0074Medium.jpg

afnorton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0L UTE
RH bumperette

Check out Sydney Speacial vehicle's site.
About $450 painted

ssv.com.au