Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rhys's VX S Pack, leather, sunroof, 19's

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
One step closer too foggies :)
PB160011.jpg

all i need is the lights

very nice, i was to lazy to drill a hole for my switch so i turned it on and tucked it up behind the dash lol, you also need a blue relay thing for the engine bay for the lights to work, im sure the wreckers might have one for you, a couple of mates were looking at some projector driving lights on ebay for 40$ i reckon the projectors would suit your headlights nicely, ill see if i can get the link for you

EDIT: found the link
Click Clicky --->http://cgi.ebay.com.au/METAL-PROJEC...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588aa33502

rhysdalegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore VX S Pack
very nice, i was to lazy to drill a hole for my switch so i turned it on and tucked it up behind the dash lol, you also need a blue relay thing for the engine bay for the lights to work, im sure the wreckers might have one for you, a couple of mates were looking at some projector driving lights on ebay for 40$ i reckon the projectors would suit your headlights nicely, ill see if i can get the link for you

EDIT: found the link
Click Clicky --->METAL PROJECTOR FOG LIGHTS - Commodore VT VU VX VY SS (eBay item 380283073794 end time 26-Nov-10 23:55:58 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

Yea picked the dash up from wreckers, very happy with it.
Damn i just bought fig lights before :p ill be installing them tomorrow
yea about the relay, my car has it already along with the wiring, i thinks its a plug n go thing with the s pack

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
Yea picked the dash up from wreckers, very happy with it.
Damn i just bought fig lights before :p ill be installing them tomorrow
yea about the relay, my car has it already along with the wiring, i thinks its a plug n go thing with the s pack

well if everything is ready to go then she would be sweet as. to adb you bought standard ones, those projects would look trick as amte

rhysdalegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
PB170013.jpg

got the fog lights installed, hours of work in the dash too. Worth it

Was soo happy till i found some fool has cut the fog light wires, theres no connector. Im gonna have to solder the wires together :/

Thurlz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2
^ Looks unreal, I got the VX SS Bumper at home waiting to be sprayed and then put onto my VT lol.
Got no foglight switch, or foglights yet. Just a quick question, when I do buy the dash replacement (with foglight switch) am I able to remove all other buttons (eg Mode, headlight switch etc.) out of the dash, and keep my ones in? Just curious coz i've had all my lights done by Phreddy and don't want to go back to the factory green or have to pay more to get them all changed again.

Sorry, just read that back and sounds a bit confusing lol.

rhysdalegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
^ Looks unreal, I got the VX SS Bumper at home waiting to be sprayed and then put onto my VT lol.
Got no foglight switch, or foglights yet. Just a quick question, when I do buy the dash replacement (with foglight switch) am I able to remove all other buttons (eg Mode, headlight switch etc.) out of the dash, and keep my ones in? Just curious coz i've had all my lights done by Phreddy and don't want to go back to the factory green or have to pay more to get them all changed again.

Sorry, just read that back and sounds a bit confusing lol.

Yea thanks mate, i love it. Took a while, lol.
About the buttons, most can be removed, like the mode, hazard light and the aircon unit (took some work :p)
about the head light one, im still trying to find a way for it to be removed, its hard. I dont want to break anything.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Yea thanks mate, i love it. Took a while, lol.
About the buttons, most can be removed, like the mode, hazard light and the aircon unit (took some work :p)
about the head light one, im still trying to find a way for it to be removed, its hard. I dont want to break anything.

The head light switch does come out tho 9/10 times the plastic tab holding on the underside of the switch does break easily as theres really not enough flex in the clip, but it can, just needs patience and a soft touch haha.

Not a fan of the chrome gear but at least it suits the silver, better than the black does lol

rhysdalegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
The head light switch does come out tho 9/10 times the plastic tab holding on the underside of the switch does break easily as theres really not enough flex in the clip, but it can, just needs patience and a soft touch haha.

Not a fan of the chrome gear but at least it suits the silver, better than the black does lol

yea i finnaly relised how to do it lol,

well a quick update, LED heater/aircon control is in :D will take photos when its dark.
Im currently waiting on the mode and hazard light switch.

rhysdalegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
PB180028-1.jpg

PB180027-1.jpg

Blue LED conversion on its way, sorry for lack of darkness. Decided an early night was calling