Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rice Burners, Yay or Nay?

Ricers

• Yay

Votes: 46 28.9%
  • Nay

Votes: 113 71.1%

• Total voters

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
anythin thats made to be pimped is alright eg, wrx, supra, skylines..but it shits me to trears when i see excels and dawoo's with massive cannons and evo body kits...are they serious when they think it looks goood..thats my theory

lol, i had some wanker beside me the othernight in a VR? Ute, NSW plates, massive holden sticker on the back window and TWIN CANNONS. I lol'd so hard especially when he wanted to race :p

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
what a fail of a person, yeah twin cannons are real sick.

i must say i'd love a non holden, if i could find a towbar for an s13 i would be keen as mustard! i've searched up on other forums but they all just laugh and say buy a falcodoore. all i need to tow is a dirtbike lol it would be around 450kg including trailer at the most (thats proably 2 bikes plus toolbox and gear).

i should just build a towbar.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

i must say i'd love a non holden, if i could find a towbar for an s13 i would be keen as mustard! i've searched up on other forums but they all just laugh and say buy a falcodoore. all i need to tow is a dirtbike lol it would be around 450kg including trailer at the most (thats proably 2 bikes plus toolbox and gear).

I have a friend who has an 06 sti rex. He tows his boat, bikes etc with no issue at all.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
would love a rex too, but p plate laws limit me for another 2.5 years.

prices between manual 2 litre rx AWD's and wrx's isn't much, but im not sure what the driveline differences are. i'll have to do some research.

maybe something hail damaged wouldn't be bad, it will only get scratched in the gravel anyway..

Last edited:

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
i said yay for the simple fact that skyline gtr's and the rz supras are absolute weapons, but have to agree with the majority of the posts the cars in question have to done up respectfully and not completely over the top

i wish i could afford a supra, twin turbo 500rwkw, FTW

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
Im over jap cars.... typical asian car..
had my fun with em already =D

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack

I have seen a pic of a 240sx in america that had a tow bar so they do exist. I was considering it for my 180sx when I had it, but never got around to finding one, had a ute I could borrow anyway. They should be able to tow, would just have to be smooth with the gears as the power is all in the mid to top end and comes on real quick.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i don't mind the skylines. i even looked at a gts-t but then i sat in it, seat right back and my knees were still against the dash :bang:

i'm more into the sleeper thing so most rice just doesn't do it for me. i laugh real hard when i have one go past up the street, all noise but no go :D

Freshjivin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2/ VT SS
1st Rice burner was a R33 Skyline, loved it to bits and it served me well without ANY problems for over a year and a half till i trade for a WRX..