Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ricer of the day

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
[url=http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ricer said:
Urban Dictionary: Ricer[/url]](Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.

Billy and Bobby both have 6000 to spend on their car. Billy invests it in suspension and engine work, and Bobby buys a "sick" body kit, and some "tight" rims. So, Billy has a fast car that will surprise anyone wanting to race it, and bobby is hitching a ride back home, because his "sick" body kit blocked all air to the engine.
Can you spot the ricer?

sheepz

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SV6 manual
Daihatsu actually used to be the top selling car in Aust before Toyota bought it and coppied all their designs. The corola is based on the cherade, the rav 4 is based on the feroza and rocky there are a few others which i cant remember atm.

The daihatsu 180 Y i think cant remember the proper model became the skyline

theSeekerr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II Executive Manual
The Daihatsu 180Y? Please tell me you're trying to be ironic.

For starters, it's a Datsun. For seconds, there was a 180B and a 120Y, but no 180Y.

Oh, and if anyone really thinks there's serious Charade heritage in a Corolla, go and drive a Charade. You might notice that they're a) Rubbish and b) the size of a small shoe.

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
The Daihatsu 180Y? Please tell me you're trying to be ironic.

For starters, it's a Datsun. For seconds, there was a 180B and a 120Y, but no 180Y.

Oh, and if anyone really thinks there's serious Charade heritage in a Corolla, go and drive a Charade. You might notice that they're a) Rubbish and b) the size of a small shoe.

FYI My old man used to work for diahtsu australia as financial controller for 10yrs until toyota bought them. Trust me the Corolla is BASED (i didnt say the same so obviously they wont drive the same) on the Charade.

theSeekerr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II Executive Manual
FYI My old man used to work for diahtsu australia as financial controller for 10yrs until toyota bought them. Trust me the Corolla is BASED (i didnt say the same so obviously they wont drive the same) on the Charade.

Which Corolla, though? Toyota have built cars with the Corolla name since the 60's....

Are you sure you're not thinking of the Daihatsu Charmant? That was built on the Corolla chassis, but it's a much bigger car than the Charade.

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
seen this thing cruising around and i almost shat a kidney i was laughing that hard lol
11092009594.jpg
11092009595.jpg

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi