Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Richie's VT Exec - VX SS Kitted - A tidy 6 banger

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
Long time between posts - still plotting slot, paint is progresssively failing but it is what it is…

Auctuator/door luck has been abit Dicky since replacing it 2-3 years back… it ended up breaking the exterior door handle which is annoying - thankfully holmart had a proper chrome handle in my colour surround. Installed that and new actuator so hopefully I’m good for a while

4E85B206-5290-4F22-A506-B77A9AF659E5.jpeg

Other than that, VZ parcel shelf in - sent the middle seatbelt surround to Build Ninja to 3d print copies as they are another stupid bit that explodes - just doing my bit for future generations!

Scrubbed and moisturised the leather whilst the car was apart, front seat needs a date with an upholstery shop..

1CD99D9E-3451-42A7-939D-307E317E16FD.jpeg

Also, unsure if I posted this - rear console in with the coin tray & hardwired charger (instead of the cigarette lighter)

582404D6-EB9F-4515-A159-5898C3CA6C94.jpeg

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I love this car. I'm not into too much chrome but for every rule is an exception. You've nailed it. I also love seeing a consistently cared for car.

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
I love this car. I'm not into too much chrome but for every rule is an exception. You've nailed it. I also love seeing a consistently cared for car.
appreciate the kind words, the only part I’m not fully sold on myself is the chrome pillar trim - if I find a mint black one, it’ll go back to that

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Those trims can buff up like new. The one on my Cross8 looked like it had been washed with Solvol. 5 or 6 passes with plastic polish and a foam cone on a drill and then the old Maguiars Plastic polish again and they look new.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
the only part I’m not fully sold on myself is the chrome pillar trim
Leave it chrome, its different and goes well with the red.
Too many cars lately, too much black, black wheels, black windows, black grille ........ . no original thoughts. Bit like the 50s and 60s overload of chrome when more chrome was better than ............ ummm o_O.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Leave it chrome, its different and goes well with the red.
Too many cars lately, too much black, black wheels, black windows, black grille ........ . no original thoughts. Bit like the 50s and 60s overload of chrome when more chrome was better than ............ ummm o_O.

Yeap, let that chrome stand out !!!