Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Richie's VT Exec - VX SS Kitted - A tidy 6 banger

D

devilly

Trust me better to grab brand new lines as i only just changed mine out. the new line is 3x smaller then the replacement line. as over time and heat they expand themselves and then you don't have proper pressure and the radiator level will be low all the time as it will not fill up properly. then you have air in your system and problems later on.yeah they are a bitch to undo on the firewall, after doing the trans line they seem like heaven to me now.

surging vacuum sounds like under the throttle body to back of engine is leaking. when it's idling just move your hand around you'll find it easy that way. hope it all goes well and you find it. check around the egr as well

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Soaked & cleaned the lines that connect to the overflow & overfilled outlet from the original - Came out good. The original overflow was DISGUSTING & explains why a full system flush always resulted in OK colours but not as good as they should've been...

Can I just say, the hoses at the back of the firewall to the heater are an absolute bitch to get on & off. Lucky my older brother and dad were around the other night and sorted it out for me as I'm not that great with my hands at times.

Painted up my passenger frame rail whilst the heater tap was out (not sure if i mentioned it before but it seems time, coolant leaks and maybe brake fluid had stripped the paint).

Next, change oil & figure out this stupid surging/vac leak.

Im getting this sent to me mid week and next weekend Heater Tap will be off and replaced.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/24-Flexible-Wire-Plier-Hose-Clamp-Flat-Car-Brake-Fuel-Oil-Water-Garage-20003063/182043763895?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Its designed for spring clips, fits on the tabs and ya squeeze handles and locks in place so can easily remove
s-l500.jpg

And yes the spring clips are a real **** and so decided on this tool as i was not winning by hand or my small long nose pliers
And i see you have same heater tap also, Gates i got.

I had a look at mine and looks like the plastics are ok but near the vacuum solenoid area is leaking and dont trust it to last

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Color coding the rad cover should look really good. Love it, your car just looks so right

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Nice, I love this car, it looks sooo good

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Holy ****. You still have This?

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
Holy ****. You still have This?

Lol 13 years this coming February

————

Cruise for Charity done for another year
99ED744A-B022-47D2-AC07-DF19ABBCA4E1.jpeg

Painted and smoothed radiator cover needs revision but it’s getting there - was all painted and cracked in one spot so some chopping is required

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
Sooooo not much happening either than maintenance and painting bits.

Front Rotors & pads done, this also revealed that my drivers calliper might be starting to fail so Im just waiting for a rebuild kit to arrive.

Nightshaded a bonnet protector I got given a while back.... If it looks good then mad - if not I just bin it, no loss either way.

LS1 radiator cover I smoothed & repainted cracked around the filler neck (didn't measure the height of the refill spot for the aircon properly) so I'm re-bogging & primering a majority of it to get it to as best I can...

Other than that, just dailying as per usual.