Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rim sizes

C

cizocizo

im in vic and i got 19's on my vs
the insurance company is aware i have 19's as well...
do u reckon they would still honour it in a crash?

seabs

Reaction score
Website
seabrook.homemail.com.au
Members Ride
Gen F R8 SV
im in canberra and the law is that you are allowed to go 2 inches greater than what your car came out with factory (or you can get defected). meh, not gonna stop me putting 18's or 19's on.

hsvd_g

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VR Exec Commodore
post them up mate, i wouldnt mind havin a geeze at ur car!

E

EZRA

ezra ute

what can u say 20s ehehehhe nah 18s look nice not overly large n can still slam ur car 2 the deck wif em n not worry bout all the clearance hassles

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
i still say 17's slightly less chance of chipping or scratchingyour rims if you decide to pull a quick one without chucking on some "please thrash me" wheels

seabs

Reaction score
Website
seabrook.homemail.com.au
Members Ride
Gen F R8 SV
Patrio7 said:
i still say 17's slightly less chance of chipping or scratchingyour rims if you decide to pull a quick one without chucking on some "please thrash me" wheels

huh? chipping? scratching? mmm im guessing your talking about burnouts... and you only wreck things if you hit gutters and sometimes when u blow tyres... worst thing is rubber sticking every where :(

ozzietj

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Exec
it has nothing to do with the insurance side of things. Legally cars released here must comply (as with everything) with ADR's. Don't ask me which section, paragraph, line etc but any car can have rims 2" greater diamater than what the vehicle was released as stock. So if it came of the factory floor with 15's.... you can only go to 17's. To go the next step, you must have an engineers certificate in the vehicle @ all times as to avoid defects from the cops. Just thought I'd clear it up if no one else said it.

hsvd_g

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VR Exec Commodore
ozzietj said:
it has nothing to do with the insurance side of things. Legally cars released here must comply (as with everything) with ADR's. Don't ask me which section, paragraph, line etc but any car can have rims 2" greater diamater than what the vehicle was released as stock. So if it came of the factory floor with 15's.... you can only go to 17's. To go the next step, you must have an engineers certificate in the vehicle @ all times as to avoid defects from the cops. Just thought I'd clear it up if no one else said it.

Thats how i thought it went.. Thanx mate