Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rim touching strut

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Sorted guys thanks for all your help was a wider rim checked all 4 of them 2 wider ones at the back the 2 narrow ones at the front dont really know why they would have swapped the front tyre around like that at a shop but atleast it is fixed now
It’s because they don’t know what they are doing. Or more to the point they don’t care what they are doing.

Appreciate the result being posted.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Amazing, people saying never go back to a shop that fitted that tyre to the rim, when the rim was fitted at home by the OP....

Not only are us tyre fitters numpties, we have to be mind readers too...

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Amazing, people saying never go back to a shop that fitted that tyre to the rim, when the rim was fitted at home by the OP....

The tyre shop should have at least told the OP they had moved the front tyre to the rear and put the spare on the front, and why.
If the OP had the tyre shop fit the wheel back onto his car after fitting a new tyre to the 9.5 wide rear rim then this issue wouldn't have arisen.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The tyre shop should have at least told the OP they had moved the front tyre to the rear and put the spare on the front, and why.
If the OP had the tyre shop fit the wheel back onto his car after fitting a new tyre to the 9.5 wide rear rim then this issue wouldn't have arise

They sure could have 12 months ago
Hi all so im have a very strange issue one ive never seen before i have a 2011 ve omega series 2 it has hsv 19s on it i had a new tyre put on the rim about a year ago and the rim sat in the boot due to not being registered and i never got around to putting it back on the car until the other day.

Did they put it back on? :confused:

First 2 lines from the first post

Last edited:

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
They sure could have 12 months ago

Did they put it back on? :confused:

First 2 lines from the first post
I'm interpreting that the OP needed one new left rear tyre (single spinner?). Off he goes to a tyre shop but the shop is busy and the OP doesn't have time to wait around, so the shop suggests they remove the rear wheel, put the spare on and they can fit the new tyre when they have a moment.
OP gets back at the end of the day just before the shop closes and says don't worry I can fit it myself. Maybe they advised the OP what they had done with the wheel swap, maybe they didn't, but yeah can be hard to remember **** 12 months later.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I think we can chalk this one up to experience.

I think the bigger questions is why run a larger rear wheel and not put on the matching tires, it'll look tougher with some proper meats under the rears.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I'm interpreting that the OP needed one new left rear tyre (single spinner?). Off he goes to a tyre shop but the shop is busy and the OP doesn't have time to wait around, so the shop suggests they remove the rear wheel, put the spare on and they can fit the new tyre when they have a moment.
OP gets back at the end of the day just before the shop closes and says don't worry I can fit it myself. Maybe they advised the OP what they had done with the wheel swap, maybe they didn't, but yeah can be hard to remember **** 12 months later.

Would make sense if the problem didn't come up fitting the rear wheel to the front of the car....

And yes, being this wheel was in the boot for 12 months, it does create memory issues

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Thats one hell of a stretch to make that inference from the experiences of one person and one tyre shop.

No one has said you are bad at your job. No one has said you don’t care. It’s not a personal attack. You’ve helped a lot of people out with knowledge and experience no one else has. This thread is just one of them.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Thats one hell of a stretch to make that inference from the experiences of one person and one tyre shop.

No one has said you are bad at your job. No one has said you don’t care. It’s not a personal attack. You’ve helped a lot of people out with knowledge and experience no one else has. This thread is just one of them.

The OP didn't have a bad experience with a tyre shop...It's been assumed and others have jumped all over it.

I put up the original quote over the issue from the very first post, which points away from a tyre shop causing the issue....