Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rip shift

VZHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
z
Hi all I'm looking at getting a rip shifter from gm motor sport installed in my vz clubby .
I have the hsv optioned short shifter ATM and was just wondering if any one can confirm the height of the "street version ripshifter " height ?
Any pics of it installed in ur vy or vz"s

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
Just as an alternative... GM Rip is not the only shitfer avalable on the market. ;)

Billet Products Australia - Billet Pro Series manual quick shifters, shortshifts, Billet Shifters has been known to be a little easier/nicer on the T56's.
vtvz_3big.gif

VZHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
z
Do you know if it uses the standard rod that holds the gear knob??
Because mine snapped clean so I'm confused if I have to buy another rod so I can get the rip shift installed :s

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
I use street version, works realy good, Race version can be noisier i have heard.
Street version is still pretty short.

cracker

Reaction score
i dont reallly understand why people get these?
what do they offer the standard one doesnt?
...iv heard about the 2-3rd thing, for some reason i cant see why its soo hard too select 3rd from 2nd?

trav_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss and vs statesman
Because they are so much better shifting than the stock one. I have the race version and it is a bit noisy but you get used to it. It is hard to explain you have to use one to find out for your self. Mine sits a bit higher than stock if any thing. The shifts are way firmer than the original though.

BradSV8

Nitrous Junkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
Go for the race shifter and if you don't like the height you can cut and shorten the stick to suit. I have the race shifter in my car but at the standard height, I find its easier to get gears fast than a shorter shifter but that's personal preference.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
From what I was told race version is roughly same height as hsv short shifter & the street version is similar height to the stocker shifter...depends on the person,short shifter is too low for me.