Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

road trip:- sydney to lightning ridge- opinions?

Pete SS

Resident Pomme
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS M6
Myself and a friend are planning on driving from Sydney to Lightning Ridge this coming weekend and sleeping in the back of the ute. I know there's not much to see there but it's more about the drive than the destination. My fiance and her friends say it's quite dangerous because of car jacking and drunken people with nothing else to do but cause trouble.

What do you guys recon or what alternatives do you have?

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
i think they are having a go at you. I have been up the ridge a few times and i have mates that go there heaps as well(2 are there now). I havent heard of any troubles there. Yes you may get into a fight or have a few words at a pub, but that could happen at any pub.

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
its not too bad up that way, keep in mind there arent many 24 hr servos out there, only advice i've got is dont pull up at the moree servo in the early hours on a weekend if u can help it, the natives are a wild mob out there

Keepleft

Mot Adv-NSW
Reaction score
Yes, and go to a Bunnings store and buy their $9.90 Euro spec warning triangle.

Let us know if you see any remaining (//) signs out that way.

NB - The stars appear much brighter away from coastal areas, might even see an ET!

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Handy tip: If you wake up with a condom hanging out your arse don't tell anyone and don't ever trust your mate.

Ok, serious reply now.. have you looked into getting one of those ute tents? It could prove to be a worthwhile investment if you plan on doing more trips.
PICT0026.JPG

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
My fiance and her friends say it's quite dangerous because of car jacking and drunken people with nothing else to do but cause trouble.

Has your girlfriend been watching Wolf Creek ?