Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rocker Bolts coming Loose. How can i fix it.

nick_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II V6
More than likely you've got two of those dud heads with the extra casting material. Not really a good situation with reworked OEM rockers. For what it's worth, my then completely stock VY2 V6 had 2 pushrods that were slightly scuffed..

MagiTEK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S
I put the stockers back in yesterday. No weird ticking noises after warm up. Took her for a long drive. Good as gold.

Looking at the old rockers and pushrods. No chips or dents/scratches. 2 or 3 of the pushrods are showing signs of extremely minor contact. you cant feel it but you can see the dark anodizing has rubbed off.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
yeah, that can be a issue on the s2 VY's bloody Holden and there sloppy maintenance of there head casting moulds :bang:

PirateJoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute, YZF-R6
First thing that came to mind, you say holden fitted them for you? I know they're not a factory part but why on earth didnt you take it back and complain and then its in their hands? Obviously the clown that did it in the first place didnt do it correctly and you paid for it didnt you??