Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] Rocker Cover Installation

MRNICK

LS1 LOVE
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenowners.com
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
Hi Guys.

I recently purchased a set of these Rocker Covers through VPW.COM.AU

1_385856_400_400.jpg

I was just wondering how I go about routing the PCV/Breather Hoses from the factory rocker covers as this set doesn't have provisions for those breather hoses.

I've already relocated my coils and have a catch can I can incorporate into the system if it makes it easier to get around.

Cheers,
Nick

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
LS6 valley cover MOD will eliminate the need to have the old crap breather setup cost is about $100.
read.
LS1Howto.com

if happy buy it here.
LS1 LS6 Engine Valley Cover Corvette 04 06 GTO CTS V Built IN PCV Valve 12577927 | eBay

I personally have done this, most likey your block will have that notch mine was a 2002 and it had it, a used 100mm stainless steel angle grinder blade that is now say 30mm modded via a 3/8 bolt/ nut set up to suit a drill worked a treat to take it out, also dont bother buying new intake gaskets as they are made of silicon and after soaking in a hot bucket of water in the laundry over night puffed back out and were like new (they were squashed up like dwarf asses) I used 8mm fuel hose with the old PCV cut off the old tangled mess. boss mod for sure, almost like a internal catch can.

Last edited:

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Are you going to neaten it up further and relocate the coils?, the LS2 ones are a good mod as they are a tad smaller.

MRNICK

LS1 LOVE
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenowners.com
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
LS6 valley cover MOD will eliminate the need to have the old crap breather setup cost is about $100.
read.
LS1Howto.com

if happy buy it here.
LS1 LS6 Engine Valley Cover Corvette 04 06 GTO CTS V Built IN PCV Valve 12577927 | eBay

I personally have done this, most likey your block will have that notch mine was a 2002 and it had it, a used 100mm stainless steel angle grinder blade that is now say 30mm modded via a 3/8 bolt/ nut set up to suit a drill worked a treat to take it out, also dont bother buying new intake gaskets as they are made of silicon and after soaking in a hot bucket of water in the laundry over night puffed back out and were like new (they were squashed up like dwarf asses) I used 8mm fuel hose with the old PCV cut off the old tangled mess. boss mod for sure, almost like a internal catch can.

Champion! That is the kind of reply I was after!
I will more then likely have a couple of questions, but i'll start with this one: Given that the PCV is 'in-line' I thought it was just a case of bolting the rocker covers up and going from there?

Are you going to neaten it up further and relocate the coils?, the LS2 ones are a good mod as they are a tad smaller.

Definitely will be moving the coils. I ended up making my own relocation kit as some of the manufacturers want ridiculous coin!!!