Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rodeo problems..

amen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX Waggon 4.2L Auto.
I am having a problem in starting my diesel. The glow plug light comes on for a very short time and then goes off and when it turns over it does not start like it used to.

After turning it over for about 30 seconds and it does start it blows out a lot of blue smoke.

When the engine is warm, there are no problems.

Obviously there is a problem with the heating, so how do you check and repair the problem?

Blakeyyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 Holden rodeo
My 1995 Holden rodeo 2.6 litre petrol 4cyl does not core idle when the engine is cold, I need to hold my foot on the accelerator for a few minutes to warm it up and then it is fine ? I don't know what the problem is, help would be greatly appreciated :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
1C87BE73-FD10-4340-AFC234B1A61919E3.jpg

Thread_dig2.jpg

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
My 1995 Holden rodeo 2.6 litre petrol 4cyl does not core idle when the engine is cold, I need to hold my foot on the accelerator for a few minutes to warm it up and then it is fine ? I don't know what the problem is, help would be greatly appreciated :)

Has the timing belt been done lately?
I changed one on dad's ute and found cam was advanced by 1 tooth= 11/12 degrees. I put it back to factory spec an now idles and actually revs past 4000rpm. Lost a bit down low but it know goes like a petrol motor. Not like a diesel.
Just an idea.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Is it injected or carb ,might be a sticky throttle or choke mechanism Might also be idle air control valve , this is on the side of throttle body .