Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rods 97 Berlina SII

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HG Brougham, VS Ute, VR SS
i just thought i would share the thing i love most about my car.
i pull in the driveway at night, turn the car off pull the keys out and dont have to turn the lights off because as soon as i open the door they automatically turn off. i love this feature :D

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
haha yeah thats wierd about the live axle(you said in elmaso's thread) i thought all series II berlina's were fitted with irs, who knew haha
and i was thinking of painting my rear garnish black just as a small thing that might look good but yeah elmaso's right it will look like a lexan, but i seen a acclaim which was the same colour as your car and it had the whole tinted tail lights and garnish painted black which suited the car, the garnish painted my make a big differnce in the looks departments but its up to you :)

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
UPDATE :

Car is running sweet and driving awesome, she is now officially A1 mechanically after undergoing a major rebuild.
Interior:
serviced all the central locking mechanisms, replaced the power windows switchs, repaired the sag-at-the-back hoodlining, fixed drivers window(was sagging runner adjusted with a die grinder), just have a few lights in the cluster to replace. also adjusted the bonet catch so now it pops and closes sweetly(this took some mucking around)

Engine: New head gasket kit, heads machined, engine& gearbox mounts, aircon regass (ice cold now :) ), new cooling system from water pump to radiator, serviced (plugs oil&filter),new fuel pump & filter- just waiting on the chip from Brett_jjj

Suspension&Brakes: 4 wheel disc machine with new bendix pads, new curved link pin kit, sway bar mounts, new struts L&R, new upper control arm bushes (all in nolathane)

now i can start piecing together the SS kit and get her ready for paint:)

also started work on my baby..HG Brougham...should be in the panel shop by next week !!

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
Looks good. Was it a massive job to do the head gaskets?

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks Bizmark :) heads arent a massive job, in comparison with a gearbox, the hard part of head gaskets is trying to remember where everything goes and hope the machining is good

Last edited:

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
looks good man, i reckon set of calais tal lights and painted garnish would get it cranking!

and always been fond of MTX subs, how well does she hammer?

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks Verymuch Verynice :) the sub shakes the side mirrors to the point you get a headache if you look into it too long...haha i dont think she is breathing too well so i might put a tube in just to get a little clarity back, the custom box sounds **** compared to the box it came with but a lot louder.

calais/berlina tail lights with a painted garnish are on the cards but i also want some smoked altezzas Holden VR VS Commodore Clear Altezza Tail Lights Pair (eBay item 380307135876 end time 11-Feb-11 11:07:40 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats smoked to match the garnish in its original finish....just to compare the 2 looks and see what tickles me more :)

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
grrr heater tap fml.....265000kms
on a positive note~ got the chip from brett_jjj and WOW its awesome!!!

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
well the clunk into drive has gone...the revs actually come down before it engages now, i can hold 1st till it valve bounces but i have to back off a little for it to change into second apart from that its very smooth, and man....the responsiveness ive gaines is unbelievable....you barely go over 1/4 accelerator to get full power....any more and ur wasting fuel