Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roller Rockers/will these fit?

Irukanji

101% Lunacy
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT Exec LS1 A4
INTENSE Racing: Yella Terra Series II/III 3800 Roller Rocker Arms

Noob question, is the 3800 Series 2 motor identical to the Ecotec/L36?(and in turn identical to the L67). Just wondering about these roller rockers, if they fit they are cheaper than Maces equivalent 1.9 rockers with the exception these are Yella Terras(cue pros and cons of both). After postage at the current exchange rate it's only $20-30 more, if the exchange rate goes up 1-2 cents the difference would be negligible.

Thanks in advance

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
If it's a Ecotec motor it will say on the plastic engine cover , may well be a Series 2 Buick V6 in which case , check out Maces website for the right ones as they will be different . What model is your car , the VP - VR were the series 2 (Buick based) V6 , before the release of the Ecotec in the VS - VY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Series 2 and 3 are ecotec

Sent from my C8660 using Tapatalk 2

Irukanji

101% Lunacy
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT Exec LS1 A4
VT Exec with the ecotec, was just wondering if parts from the series 2/3 would also fit. Worst case I'll just go for the mace rockers and call it a day

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
they will fit

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I'd go for the Mace ones , they are pretty good , Steve will look after you , might I suggest you invest in one of there CAI as well , easy install on the rockers , about 1-2 hours with the right tools , you'll need a torque wrench for the installation though .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irukanji

101% Lunacy
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT Exec LS1 A4
Thanks.

Yeah I need to get a smaller torque wrench for things below 40N.m for when I clean the TB and such out. Also ordered a manifold spacer so I'll need it for that. Just experimenting really, not after anything in particular, just seeing how things feel when they get changed. ie. rear springs, the standard height kings are stiffer than stock(or at east stiffer than the older ones), makes cornering feel better but it seems to dislike the wet a bit more for whatever reason.

Anyway, was going for the Yella Terra because I've heard one is better than the other but ultimately if this exchange rate goes too much lower I'll go for the Mace variety.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Thanks.

Yeah I need to get a smaller torque wrench for things below 40N.m for when I clean the TB and such out. Also ordered a manifold spacer so I'll need it for that. Just experimenting really, not after anything in particular, just seeing how things feel when they get changed. ie. rear springs, the standard height kings are stiffer than stock(or at east stiffer than the older ones), makes cornering feel better but it seems to dislike the wet a bit more for whatever reason.

Anyway, was going for the Yella Terra because I've heard one is better than the other but ultimately if this exchange rate goes too much lower I'll go for the Mace variety.

Bunnings have a really good one for $79 that does 2-23nM of torque. Great for gaskets and such. Kincrome brand I think.